automailer on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:10:45 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p170

EugeneMeidinger has amended p170.

---------------------------------
Proposal 170/3: We require interesting targets eh?
A Proposal by EugeneMeidinger
Last modified on nweek 94, nday 7

[[
/4
Story added
Subgame actions added

/3
Wand type
Stats go to 30
If you take a nap I can haul you to the dynamic room. I'm evil!
Now you drop talismans when you freak out. If I did it right.
If you freak out you can find your way back to the house.
Secret tunnels. I wanted some one way doors.
Basic Potions.
]]

[[

"What?"

"Ugh. Ok I'll try to explain it again, Peter," I said in an irritated pitch,
"The House is a sort of nexus pulling at the souls," said I using finger quotes on the word house.

"That's absurd!"

"I know what I'm talking about. It's what I do remember? Now listen very carefully because I'm running out of time."

"Fine," said peter with the stubbornness of a mule.

"When you enter the gallery, ignore what everyone is doing and take a good look at the floor. You'll find a trap door. Go in while everyone is distracted. It should lead to a storage room. I'll meet you there."

"Wait. How could you possibly kno..."

"Because I may have caused it all. I have to go now. Catch! You'll need this in the
tunnels"

Then I tossed to Peter a container of tea and ran off as fast as I could to try and get to the core of the house. By the time I had reached the house a things had gotten far worse than I had thought.

Add to rule 7-1 the following:
{{
All talismans have a type. A type is a marker for rules to differentiate talismans.
}}
Give all talismans a type of charm.
Give all talismans whose name begins with a w or a d the type of wand.

Add the following rule to section 10:
{{
==Stats==
Each player has the attributes of Health, Alertness and Calm. These attributes are called stats.
Each stat is an integer in a range of 0 to 30 and is set to ten initially. If a stat would exceed its limit, it is set to the extreme of that limit instead.

If a player's Health reaches zero, the following happens:

 *Eir soul becomes lost. It has the same location as the player.
 *All talismans belonging to that player of the type "weapon" or the type "potion" are destroyed.
 *Eir Health is set to ten.

If a player's Alertness reaches zero, the following happens:

 *That player is now "asleep".
 *That player is now carryable.
 *While that player is "asleep" eir stats cannot be altered except by the rules.
 *While that player is "asleep" e cannot take any action regulated by rule 10-1

If a player's Calm reaches zero, the following happens:

 *All talismans belonging to that player are no longer in that player's possession.[[This works if talismans have the location of thier owner. Did I do this right?]]
 *That player's location is change to the room called "West of House".
 *That player's calm become 1.
If a player has been "asleep" for the length of two nweeks or another player "wakes" em in a manner allowed by the rules, the following happens:

 *That player is no longer asleep
 *That player is no longer carryable.

}}
Set the stats of each player to be 10.

Create the following room
{{
__West of house__

Ordinances::Once every period, the calm of all players in this room is increased by 4.
A player ,as a subgame action, may attempt to "find the house". If a player does so, a d6 is rolled and if that d6 results in a 6 then that player is successful
A player may only may only enter The Front Hall if e has successfully found the house.
A player may only may only enter The Secret Tunnels if e has a calm of 28 or higher.
Exits::The Front Hall, The Secret Tunnels
}}

Create the following room:
{{
__The Secret Tunnels__

Ordinances::At the end of each period, the calm of all players in this room is reduced by 9 if  they did not enter this room during this period.
Exits:None.
}}
Add The Secret Tunnels to the list of exits for The Gallery.
If p173 passed, add The Storage Room as an exit of The Secret Tunnels.

Create the following talismans:
{{__Vial of Goldenseal__
Price: 30 GC
Rarity:Absurdly Common
Type:Potion
Appearance:A glass vial containing a green liquid.
Effects:
Sacrifice:Increase your health by 3.
}}
{{__Cup of Coffee__
Price: 30 GC
Rarity:Absurdly Common
Type:Potion
Appearance:A brown liquid of chalky texture.
Effects:
Sacrifice:Increase your alertness by 6 and decrease you calm by 3.
}}
{{__Cup of Green Tea__
Price: 30 GC
Rarity:Absurdly Common
Type:Potion
Appearance:A cup of calming tea.
Effects:
Sacrifice:Increase your calm by 6 and decrease your alertness by 3.
}}

In rule 10-1 replace
"Once per Period, each player may move themselves from the Room they are in to any Room that is on their current Room's list of Exits, except where prohibited by Room Ordinances."
with
"Every Period, each player may take up to two different subgame actions which are listed as follows:

 *Move emself[[each player is singular!]] from the Room they are in to any Room that is on their current Room's list of Exits, except where prohibited by Room Ordinances.
 *Use a potion type talisman
 *Fire a weapon type talisman. Any effect that that has a cost of fire only costs the use of a subgame action.
 *Any game action defined as a subgame action by room ordinances."

[[I couldn't think of a good way to define how a person uses a a costless effect that takes up a subgame action. Better Ideas welcome]]