Peter Cooper Jr. on Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:17:59 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Elections Update

eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I know I did this already; however, I shall repeat the following
> actions: I nominate my self for the the ministries of forts, The Grid,
> and genechips.  I accept all current nominations for myself.

Yes, I saw those and updated the display... I just didn't see a need
to explicitly recognize each nomination acceptance until voting
started.

> Also you really shouldn't vote for me. I'm the worst candidate.  If
> I'm lucky I won't run unopposed for the next three elections or I can
> at least dump being death on triller.

At the moment, you're also the best candidate. :)

Anyone else who wants to run for minister of Grid, Forts, or Banking
should accept a nomination by Tuesday night.

Eugene has now won the position of Minister of Spirituality by
unanimous vote.

And since I've got a lot to do and figure others might want to join
in, I start an election for each of the following ministries:
 * The Ministry of Change
 * The Ministry of Everyone
 * The Ministry of Arcana
 * The Ministry of Tiles

I nominate myself for each of those ministries, and accept my
nominations. However, if anyone runs against me, I probably won't vote
for myself.

Nominations for these positions are open through the end of nday
12. If nobody else wants them, I'll be happy to continue running them,
but we really need everyone to chip in in order for the game to really
work.

--
Peter C.
"Puns are the lowest form of humor.... Now slapstick, that's intelligent!"