The Voice on Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:58:01 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] A win and a loophole.

I submit the following CFI:

{{ __DQT and the English Language__

Plaintiff: The Voice
Defendant: Dyslexic Q-Thief

Statement: The purchases of 100 fort sections, 10^100 sentry guns, a
Capacitors, an Advanced Targeting, a Shield Overload, and Steam Tower
Upgrade made by DQT fail because e did not have enough genechips.

Analysis by Plaintiff:  DQT's reasoning was that nowhere in the rules
did it say that players had to pay for add-ons they buy.  Buy is
defined by the M-W dictionary as "to acquire possession, ownership, or
rights to the use or services of by payment especially of money ."  I
argue that this definition of the English word 'buy,' given that there
is no other definition of the word in the B Nmc Unbrdgd Dctnry,
implies that some sort of financial or monetary compensation is
required to 'buy' something.  Therefore, it does not need to be said
in the rules that a player needs to pay for something e buys, and
DQT's purchase fails.
}}

This CFI is recognized, and is now Open.

On 6/10/05, Dan Schmidt <tiber264@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I delete the text "Players besides Peter may not Win,
> nor may Wins be given to them any other way. Peter may
> Win as a Game Action." from rule 3-12.
>
> I win.
>
> And while I'm at it, I purchase 100 fort sections,
> 10^100 sentry guns, a Capacitors, an Advanced
> Targeting, a Shield Overload, and Steam Tower Upgrade.
> One might say that I don't have enough Genechips for
> this, however, nowhere in the rules does it say that I
> have to actually pay for upgrades.
>
> I change the last sentence of rule 10-2 to "A Player
> may purchase an Add-On by paying that Add-on's
> purchasing cost."
>
> I then repeal the rule named "42".

.o0(The Voice)