Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:42:53 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: Ballot results

Nweek 90 Proposal Resolution:

"Daniel Peter Lepage" <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Voting results:
> Proposal 97/3 Let's try this again, shall we? (EugeneMeidinger)
> AFF: DQT, JessicaCooper, EugeneMeidinger
> NEG: BvS, Peter, TheVoice, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall, RainbowWolfe
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (3-4-2-0). Measure Fails.
>
> Proposal 98/0 Don't Encourage Unneccesary CFI Emissions (Wonko)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, Peter, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe,
> EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-0-1-0). Measure Passes. Wonko gains 16A.

Amended Rule 9-8/5.

> Proposal 99/0 All Gambling Is Not Good (Wonko)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, Peter, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall, JessicaCooper
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-0-2-0). Measure Passes. Wonko gains 14A.

Wonko also gets 4 Genechips for a Short Poem Proposal.

Deleted r8-1, r8-2, and section 8.

> Proposal 100/0 More Zapping (Wonko)
> AFF: BvS, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> NEG: DQT, Peter, TheVoice
> ABS: DrTall, JessicaCooper
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-3-2-0). Measure Passes. Wonko gains 8A.

Amended Rule 6-5/6.

> Proposal 101/0 Small Changes (Wonko)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, Peter, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, Wonko
> NEG: EugeneMeidinger
> ABS: DrTall, JessicaCooper
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-1-2-0). Measure Passes. Wonko gains 12A.

Amended Rule 3-4/5.
Amended Rule 7-6/2.
Deleted Rule 9-5.

> Proposal 102/2 Diplomatic Immunity (and double negatives) (RainbowWolfe)
> AFF: DQT, Peter, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger,
> Wonko
> NEG: BvS
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-1-1-0). Measure Passes. RainbowWolfe gains 14A.

Despite BvS's objections, it's pretty clear to me that this creates a
game document (since it creates a body of text). It then puts it in
section 9, and the only section 9 we have is in the rules, so this
must put that body of text in the rules.

So, I create Rule 9-9.

(Then again, it seems quite clear that it should use the Baron's
definition of Section 9, so you might be able to make some argument
based off of that. But I'll make the rule, and see if a CFI appears.)

Raelus is now Unavailable For The Forseeable Future through 99/9.

> Proposal 103/0 Set defence to maximum (RainbowWolfe)
> AFF: DQT, Peter, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger,
> Wonko
> NEG: BvS
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-1-1-0). Measure Passes. RainbowWolfe gains 14A.

Amended Rule 10-2/3.
(Note: This spells defense differently than elsewhere in the rule.)

> Proposal 104/3 Yes; no; maybe so (Peter)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, Peter, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe,
> EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-0-1-0). Measure Passes. Peter gains 16A.

Amended Rule 3-3/9.
Amended Rule 3-4/6.
Amended Rule 3-14/1.
Amended Rule 3-16/1.

> Proposal 105/0 Comments really aren't worth legislation. (EugeneMeidinger)
> AFF: DQT, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, EugeneMeidinger
> NEG: BvS, Peter, RainbowWolfe, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-1-0). Measure Fails.
>
> Proposal 106/0 Blatent Attempt To Take In Nomic Game (Peter)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, JessicaCooper, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> NEG: Peter, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-3-1-0). Measure Passes. Peter gains 10A.

Much to my complete surprise, I amend Rule 3-12/1. I guess my bribery
was enough.
BvS, DQT, JessicaCooper (a.k.a. Sonnet), EugeneMeidinger, and Wonko
each get the title "Assistant to the Overlord of Everything", 50
genechips, and 100 amplitude. (Banker, take note of the Genechips.)

Oh, and I Win. I get the title "Overlord of Everything". (Mwa ha ha.)

> Proposal 107/0 Pure Silliness (Peter)
> AFF: DQT, Peter, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> NEG: BvS, JessicaCooper
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-2-1-0). Measure Passes. Peter gains 12A.

This has an even number of FOR votes, so BvS and Sonnet get 50A.
This has a prime number of AGAINST votes, so all players who votes FOR
it get 40 Genechips. (Banker, take note.)
I count 13 props passing, so no Amplitude to the abstainers.

> Proposal 108/0 What A Silly Proposal [WASP] (RainbowWolfe)
> AFF: DQT, Peter, JessicaCooper, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger
> NEG: BvS, TheVoice, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-3-1-0). Measure Passes. RainbowWolfe gains 10A.

As for this one, I'm really not sure what to do. It creates a body of
text, which one might assume is a rule due to the later attempt to
repeal a rule with an identical body of text. But even if it did
create a rule, the sentence "I declare I have won, secondly I declare
everyone else to have won" doesn't really change the state or
existence of anything, as it's merely a declaration, and there's
confusion as to what "I" means. So, I'm going to rule that this does
Nothing In Particular, although I really have no problem with some
sort of CFI to try to figure it out.

> Proposal 109/1 Section Nine All Rules Everywhere [snare] (RainbowWolfe)
> AFF: DQT, JessicaCooper, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger
> NEG: BvS, Peter, TheVoice, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-1-0). Measure Fails.
>
> Proposal 110/1 Money Is Not Common Enough (BvS)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, Peter, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall, JessicaCooper
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-0-2-0). Measure Passes. BvS gains 14A.

Amended Rule 9-8/6. (And I hope the banker is tracking all these wages
every nweek, 'cause I'm sure not.)

Someone needs to update the cost of Add-Ons.

Amended Rule 10-3/1. Note that Omni now costs 87.5 GC.

> Proposal 111/0 It is sushi, that one that condemned 2: He returns disturba
> (BvS)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, TheVoice, EugeneMeidinger
> NEG: Peter, JessicaCooper, RainbowWolfe, Wonko
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-1-0). Measure Fails.
>
> Proposal 112/1 The Baron's Story, Chapter Three: More Fun With Souls (BvS)
> AFF: BvS, DQT, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> NEG: Peter, TheVoice
> ABS: DrTall, JessicaCooper
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-2-2-0). Measure Passes. BvS gains 10A.

Amended Rule 10-2/4.
And someone needs to create the Add-Ons.

> Proposal 113/2 nobody elects to work on reaching konsensus (TheVoice)
> AFF: DQT, JessicaCooper, TheVoice, RainbowWolfe, EugeneMeidinger, Wonko
> NEG: BvS, Peter
> ABS: DrTall
> SHL:
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-2-1-0). Measure Passes. TheVoice gains 12A.

Amended Rule 5-2/1. (And I really don't like how there's no longer a
time limit on CFIs.)

> Points for voting:
> BvS              17A
> DQT              17A
> Peter            17A
> JessicaCooper    12A
> TheVoice         17A
> RainbowWolfe     16A
> EugeneMeidinger  17A
> Wonko            17A

And the rules and roster are now up-to-date.

--
Peter C.
"Because IP only guarantees best effort delivery, loss of a carrier