Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:03:28 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: Apologies and Clock Keys

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I turn my Clock Key to ON.

Okay.

I never recognized Raelus's Forfeiture, since it wasn't completely
clear that it was a Game Action, and seemed more an intent to do
something based off of clarification about the current state of the
game. (Allowing game actions on not-very-explicit conditions seems
like a problem waiting to happen.) So, we have 6 ministers, and thus 6
clock keys. Since "majority" generally means "more than half", we need
4 keys Off to stop the clock. So, Wonko turning his key on just before
midnight UTC turned the clock back on, meaning that we are now on
nweek 91, nday 1.

I turn my clock key on as well.

Of note:
As DQT states, his proposal of "Loophole" was perfectly valid, and I
think e was the only one to vote on it. That seems even more broken
than my "I win" prop, which apparently almost everyone but me voted
for. This is a strange game we're playing.

> Sorry for the delay, a storm knocked out my internet connection all of
> yesterday.

Whew. Sounds like you've had a rough week. We do understand that real
life occasionally interrupts Nomicing, though. Good to hear that
you're back with us.

--
Peter C.
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not