Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:43:02 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: An Obvious win.

Dan Schmidt <tiber264@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This loophole was so obvious that I wonder how it got
> in.

As the minister of Miscellaneous, I guess I'll officially state that
this doesn't work. I was going to say why, but I think Wonko already
said it more eloquently than I was going to.
<http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-discuss/spoon-discuss-200505/msg00454.html>

As to Add-ons, the sentence in r10-2, Add-Ons, "Each Add-On must have
a purchasing cost and an effect on the Grid.", and saying that it is
attached to the Fort when it is purchased, could be construed to imply
that purchasing it is possible, with the reasonable assumption that
doing so creates one, attaches it, and causes the loss of the
cost. That's a tenuous argument, though. But I'm not really paying
attention to the Grid right now, so I'm not going to submit a CFI on
it right now. But someone else might want to.

--
Peter C.
"This document defines a reformulation of IP and two transport layer