Rainbow Wolfe on Mon, 23 May 2005 14:54:58 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Open CFI's

Raelus vs. Eugene, Nweek 88

*Plaintiff:* Raelus

*Statement:* Proposal 84 does not exist. Any gamestate changes in it cannot
be made.

*Analysis by Plaintiff:* The rules state that players can only have 5
pending/open proposals at any one time. Eugene's Talisman is still a ball of
energy, so it has no effect on this. Since 84 is the sixth proposal,
creating it was an illegal game action.

I rule REFUSED. If proposal 84 doesn't exist then no changes can be made.
This makes the CFI nonsensical and open to much abuse: including the already
suggested CFI by BvS / Wonko. I do agree with the analysis though.
 Nice try, Peter.

*Plaintiff:* EugeneMeidinger<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/EugeneMeidinger>

*Defendant:* Peter

*Statement:* Peter's proprosal doesn't actually propose anything, is full of
nonsense, makes no reference to the game and plagerized. Therefore p74 is
invalid.

*Analysis by Plaintiff:* The rules say that each Proposal consists of a list
of Gamestate Changes, that is, changes to the state and/or existence of some
number of Game Objects. P74 contains one line in the interrogative form and
the rest are declarative. A proposal needs statments in the imperative form
in order to command any changes to the gamestate. Now even though one is
allowed to use a declarative to demonstrate the existence of a game object
this proposal does not even do that. This proposal does not reference any
existing game objects nor does it declare the existence of new ones. Instead
is it full of lines about eternal summer and rough winds and other such
rubbish. I therefore find this proposal not meeting its requirements of a
proposal and has nothing to do with the game.

I rule FOR. This proposal doesn't propose anything, and as long as
Permissibility of the Indistinguishable doesn't exist i don't believe there
is anything that makes direct reference to empty props.

- Rainbow Wolfe