Daniel Lepage on Fri, 13 May 2005 23:36:14 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] HIP line

Here's the HIP party line on this nweek's ballot:

Proposal 58/3: Egads! Let's effect proposals here, averting Nomic tragedies [[ELEPHANT]] (BvS) No Stance, as it doesn't relate to our platform (Well, yes, it mentions Mithrandir, but c'mon. That doesn't count.)

Proposal 59/1: More than you can chew (Wonko)
No Stance, as it doesn't relate to our platform.

Proposal 60/0: Teamwork? In a Nomic? (Wonko)
No Stance, as it doesn't relate to our platform.

Proposal 61/1: Chads (Raelus)
No Stance, as it doesn't relate to our platform.

Proposal 62/0: Fluffy Bunnies... Of DOOM! (Wonko)
No Stance. The title is relevant as it references both old B Nomic objects and a quote from the Big 'Ol Book, but the content itself falls outside our realm of interest

Proposal 63/2: Cityscape is the young subgame coming again, propsed even! (EugeneMeidinger) Against. This falls under our "too many subgames" clause; we see three subgames already, one of which is fairly all-consuming, and two more on the Ballot that we support under our platform.

Proposal 64/0: Dueling is too random. (EugeneMeidinger)
No Stance.

Proposal 65/2: **The Baron's Story, Chapter One** Lengthiness Is Because It Does Oodles [[LIBIDO]] (BvS) For. We can't pass up a good story prop, especially with old characters like Campion brought back. And let's not forget the promise of Speeders.

Proposal 66/2: Inflation Strikes, Seemingly Under Everyone's Schnozz [[ISSUES]] (BvS)
No Stance.

Proposal 67/0: "What A Silly Technicality," E Declared [[WASTED]] (BvS)
No Stance.

Proposal 68/0: Save Time And Propose Less Edict (Peter)
No Stance.

Proposal 69/3: Subgames In New Ecstasy [[SINE]] (Raelus)
For. This prop doesn't directly fulfill our historical goals, but the opportunity to make cards out of old concepts is too good to pass up.

Proposal 70/0: Deputy Insertion; Vacation Emminent (Peter)
No Stance.

Proposal 71/2: Story props are working now! (EugeneMeidinger)
No Stance.

Proposal 72/0: The Voting Gremlin (Peter)
For. And we welcome Diebold back to the game.

Proposal 73/0: Additional Points for passed proposals (Peter)
No Stance.

Proposal 74/1: This is a Shakespearean Sonnet (Peter)
Against. We're not sure what this does, but if it does anything it certainly falls under "frivolous rule changes".

Proposal 75/1: Proposal is conditional and neato. (EugeneMeidinger)
No Stance.

Proposal 76/1: Grammar nazi on my [[rear]]end. (EugeneMeidinger)
No Stance.

Proposal 77/0: I'd make an acronym later (BvS)
For. We approve of grammar.

Proposal 78/1: Join up, thou slitherer! (TheVoice)
No Stance.

Proposal 79/3: Da Initial Card Edition [[Dice]] (Raelus)
For! DimShips! w00t!

Proposal 80/2: Aww, ickle fluffy bunnies... Yumm! (RainbowWolfe)
No Stance.
Proposal 81/2: Yellow (Raelus)
No Stance.
Proposal 82/2: Heroes (Raelus)
No Stance.
Proposal 83/0: I can't let me get away with that (Wonko)
No Stance.
Proposal 84/2: I need some extra time. (EugeneMeidinger)
No Stance.
Proposal 85/0: Filibusters, redux (TheVoice)
No Stance.
Proposal 86/0: Sonnets need iambs, please! (JessicaCooper)
No Stance.

--
Wonko

Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances.
  ---Department of Social Services,  Greenville, South Carolina