automailer on Fri, 13 May 2005 12:38:53 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p83

Wonko has submitted a new proposal, p83.

---------------------------------
Proposal 83/0: I can't let me get away with that
A Standard Proposal by Wonko
Last modified on nweek 88, nday 5

Add a new rule to the increasingly oversized Section 3 of the Ruleset:
{{
== Referenda ==

Referenda are game documents. Each Referendum contains some list of changes to the gamestate. Any player may Object to a Referendum at any time. Two ndays after a Referendum is issued, the changes in it take effect unless at least two players Objected to it.

Referenda may only be submitted as explicitly permitted by the rules. If the rule say that player may submit a Referenda to change some aspect of the game, then this permits players to submit Referenda as long as the referenda contain no changes to the gamestate besides the one explicitly permitted by the rules. [[ Thus, if the rules say "player X may change Y by Referendum at any time", it means that player X is allowed to submit referenda that do '''nothing''' but change Y; no other player is permitted to submit Referenda by this sentence, nor is player X allowed to submit Referenda changing other aspects of the game. ]]
}}

In rule 4-4, amend the last paragraph of the section on the Minister of Gambling to read:
{{
The Ministry of Gambling is also responsible for maintaining fair, approved systems of random chance in the game. Systems of Random Chance (SORCs) are game documents describing methods of obtaining randomly generated numbers. The Minister of Gambling may create, destroy, and modify SORCs by Referendum. If a player questions the fairness of a SORC, e may submit a CFI to contest it; if it is judged unfair, the Minister of Gambling must alter it according to the CFI.
}}

[[
So basically, I'll still be able to change SORCs at any time, except that y'all'll have 2 ndays to stop me if I do something you don't trust. Which I won't, but I can't speak for future Ministers of Gambling. (Gamblies?)
]]