Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:36:01 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Emergency Procedure in Effect

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I count seven: you, DQT, bd, Iain, Wild Card, and RW all recognized on
> the 4th, and I did a few days earlier.

Wild Card is not currently a player. However, if e became a player,
we'd have 7 out of 13, which would be a majority.

> I've always felt that it was an unwritten rule of absolutely any game
> at all that the players can unanimously change the gamestate at any
> time for any reason, as long as nobody complains, so even if we didn't
> have a majority of declarers, we could still argue that we can do
> anything we want if nobody complains.

Well yes. If nobody in the game objects, then there's nothing to stop
us. The Nomic Police aren't going to arrest us for not following our
own rules :).

So, since I think there is cause for it, nobody's complained, and a
majority of "active" players have recognized it, I'm going to start
the Emergency Procedure.

As of now, the game is paused at nweek 84, nday 8, wweek 0, wday 0,
the Clock being Off. The Clock and Watch will not advance until the
completion of the Emergency Procedure.

The Forum for the Emergency Procedure will be this
spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx mailing list.

As Wonko suggested it and nobody objected, I will be the Emergency
Co-Ordinator.

The Pause is currently at 0. It will increment by 1 each day at
00:00:00 UTC.

We have until the value of the Pause is 5 to submit Refresh
Proposals. Each player may submit one Refresh Proposal, which lists
how to change the state of the game.

A Refresh Proposal might want to cover
- What the Rules are
- What the current time on the Clock & Watch are
- Where the Public Displays are
- Who the current ministers are (since the election was supposed to
  start over the time period of the outage, I believe, and people may
  not have had a chance to nominate themselves at any rate.)
- Any more details that you can think of that may be relevant.

It might be as simple as "Change the clock to be nday 4 and turn it
On", or as complicated as coming up with a whole new ruleset.

We may want to come to an agreement during the Proposal time period
and come up with only one or two Refresh proposals between us to vote
on.

--
Peter C.
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know