Daniel Lepage on Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:15:35 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] Re: [s-d] Re: Color choice

On Mar 3, 2005, at 10.01 PM, Daniel Lepage wrote:

I assume this was meant to be a reply to spoon-discuss, rather than only to me.

On Mar 3, 2005, at 9.55 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
As it happens, there is a way to change your color, but it seems to
have been consumed by accident - every color card should have the
effect "Target Player becomes <color>" where <color> is the card's
name. This was put into effect by p1936
<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ViewProposals?propid=1936>,
but it looks like the Ministry of Cards changed hands at the same time
this passed, and the changes must've been lost in the shuffle. I'll
fix this later tonight.

Due to the statute of limitations, isn't the way the Public Display
has shown the cards all this time (at least since before I joined the
game, I think) the Authoritatively Correct state of the game, and thus
would require another Prop to change?

That's a very good point, and one that I wish had occurred to me before I tried to fix it and deleted the cards database instead.

Repairs are underway and they'll all be fixed fairly soon.

Ok, it's all good. I'm calling upon the powers of Executive Tidiness to put in the missing texts of the color cards, on the grounds that the way my repair scripts work it's actually easier that way.

          _/\_
         //__\\
        |/    \|
        \__  __/
           /\
  The Ministry of Cards

The texts of the cards Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, and Apple White are hereby Rectified to to read as p1936 said they should.

--
Wonko

"AALST (n.) One who changes his name to be further to the front"
  -- Douglas Adams, _The Meaning of Liff_