automailer on Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:48:04 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Glotmorf votes

Glotmorf's votes:
Proposal 1998/0: Calling for Backup                       : Shelve
Hypothetically speaking, suppose someone only fulfills *part* of a minister's duties.  Does that still count for the five points?  And do all of a minister's duties need to be fulfilled by others, or can eir duties be chipped away at, piecemeal, by others, even to 99% completion, without eir suffering a penalty?  Suppose, for example, I go ahead and edit the Roster to reflect the fact that I now have 11 points and am out of the vat.  I get five points for this?  And if I edit my points status and vat status on different ndays, do I get five points for each edit?

Proposal 1999/1: Jail does not exist                      : Yes
Okay, though I'd've preferred something other than Card of DOOM!  It seems like they make up a third of all cards currently in use.

Proposal 2000/0: Clarifying Society Auto Action Responsibility : Yes
This takes away some of the surprise aspect of auto actions -- which I always thought was a feature -- but Dave might have felt better about societies if this had been in place in days past.

Proposal 2001/0: Conditions good                          : Shelve
Tighten this up a little, perhaps, by specifying the action takes place at that time if conditions are right...as opposed to a lingering conditional statement that happens whenever conditions are satisfied. (These were in use for a while a copule nyears ago.)

Proposal 2002/0: Arena Clarifications                     : Abstain
Not presently following the arena.

Proposal 2003/0: Beer and Squirrels                       : Shelve
I like it, but if you're going to rigorously quantify squirrels in other respects, perhaps you should rigorously quantify them in terms of how much fruit they eat too.  As in, X squirrels eat Y fruit at a given location.  Otherwise one squirrel is just as bad as a hundred.

Proposal 2004/1: Limited Entry                            : Abstain
Not presently following the arena.

Proposal 2005/1: Enlivening the Subgames                  : Shelve
Maybe, but take out the Renown bit.  To quote from r1899, "Renown may not be given away, it must be earned."  I'd add to that that it shouldn't be bought either.

Proposal 2006/0: Many New Cards                           : No
>From what I can tell of the cardlist, cards that specifically affect other subgames are the exception rather than the rule; however, adding 33 cards specifically related to the Arena looks rather rule-ish.  Perhaps the Arena should have its own card subgame, somehow indirectly related to the main card game?

This Message was sent automatically by the Wiki.
 Please do not reply to the sender of this message, as your replies will be ignored. Thank you.