automailer on Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:06:29 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Zarpint submits p2001

Zarpint has submitted a new proposal, p2001.

---------------------------------
Proposal 2001/0: Conditions good
A Standard Proposal by Zarpint
Last modified on nweek 79, nday 3

In r1896, change the second paragraph from the following NO COND delimited text:

NO COND
An Outsider does not take a game action if e states that e does something conditionally [[As in, if my score is higher 20, I do X]] or if the number of times the action is repeated is infinite or cannot be determined [[so "I do X until my score hits 100" is legal only if you can show that your score will hit 100 and that it is possible to figure out how many times you do X before it happens]].
NO COND

to the following YES COND delimited text:

YES COND
An Outsider may take a game action by stating that e does something conditionally [[As in, if my score is higher than 20, I do X]] or by stating that e does something X times, even if X is not explicitly stated [[As in, I do X until my score hits 100]], provided that the entity responsible for recognizing the action can easily figure out whether the condition holds or how many times the Outsider performs the action.
YES COND

[[The logic here: "I do X until Y" is a type of conditional, and it's currently legal as long as the entity responsible can figure it out, so the same should be true for "If X, then I do Y". This change allows the entity to say "I can't easily figure this condition out" without having to solve the Halting Problem.]]