Daniel Lepage on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:41:54 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] Calling all Players

==================
Notice of Vathood:
==================

If you are receiving this message personally (as opposed to via spoon-business), it is because you are a player of B Nomic but have not taken any Game Actions in over four nweeks.

In accordance with rule 206, you are now getting put into The Vat. This means that you have three nweeks to come back and Remove yourself from the Vat (simply by posting to spoon-business asserting that you do). After those three nweeks, your possessions will be confiscated and you will be removed from the game.

==================
Who's Vatting out?
==================

Phil was entirely correct in his earlier message regarding TPR, Rob, and theta; however, e failed to email any of the aforementioned players (which is required by r206) and so failed to put TPR, Rob, or theta into the Vat.

Araltaln Hid Under a Rock for a week at the beginning of nweek 71, and as not posted since.

Aquarion last moved during nweek 70, to draw a card.

Glotmorf's last Action was to vote in nweek 68, almost a full nyear ago.

SkArcher hasn't moved since eir PGo play in nweek 67.

Hence, I hereby pay 21 points to put TPR, theta, Rob, Araltaln, Aquarion, Glotmorf, and SkArcher into the Vat.

This message is being sent to all of them, at every email address I have recorded for them, in accordance with rule 206.

====================
Who does that leave?
====================

bd, DQT, Iain, Peter, Zarpint, Tim, and myself have all done things recently.

Phil voted in nweek 76, putting him halfway to the 4-nweek silence required for vathood. A.N.P.U. watered eir vine during nweek 75, putting em about 5 days from destruction.
Personman hid under a rock for two weeks, three weeks ago.

Everyone else is silent.

So we have seven active players, two partially gone players, and one almost-completely gone player who DQT claims isn't sentient anyway.

======================
What's happening in B?
======================

For those of you who haven't been watching the game, a number of things have changed; I'll provide a brief summary of the current opportunities here at B Nomic.

-----------
Ministries!
-----------

As of a few nweeks ago, the position of Administrator was dissolved. The game is now run entirely by Ministers, whose jobs are made easier by the wiki at http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi

---------
Subgames!
---------

We have a couple subgames going on.
The first is Political Go, which has been reincarnated with a smaller (9x9) board. The next PGo round will begin at the end of this nweek, so now's a great time to come back.

The second is the Board Game, a vaguely chess-like mix of pieces moving and destroying each other around a flat board. See http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/BoardGame for the current board state and a list of pieces.

The third is the Gardens, wherein players grow plants and fruits, and then ferment and drink them. w00t!

The fourth is Cards, which function just as they always have.

The fifth, and newest, is the Arena, which is somewhat like The Grid of old, except it's 4x4x4 instead of 20x20. Players move around in it and shoot each other.

Internomic!

There's been a little (so far very little) discussion about the possibility of trying to start an internomic thing again. The older players may recall our last attempt at doing so, which ended when the other interested nomic, namely Thermodynomic, collapsed.

We've talked about maybe starting some such thing again, but as of yet nobody's actually done anything about it.

I hope that some of this will entice those of you who haven't been around lately to come back.

--
Wonko
Minister of Cards