wonko on Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:00:05 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Phil submits p1940

Auto-mailed on nweek 72, nday 5
Sent at Thu Nov  4 21:00:03 2004 GMT

Phil has submitted a new proposal, p1940.

---------------------------------
Proposal 1940/0: The Battle Hymn of the Squid Piece
A Standard Proposal by Phil
Last modified on nweek 72, nday 5

Mine eyes have seen the coming of a Piece I call the Squid,
It is small and it is squishy and it's got a bony lid,
It moves one square left on every checking period,
And destroys Drunks in its square!

Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
The Squid's marked with an S!

You may only make a Squid upon the edges of the board,
And a Squid upon the leftmost edge will probably get ignored,
'Cause its other legal move is one it does without remorse,
The Squid keeps moving left!

Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
The Squid's marked with an S!

The Squid moves at a pace that makes a snail seem mighty fast,
Just 1 square every checkpoint until its gone its last,
And when a Drunk is in its square, he's breathed his boozy last,
The Squid destroys Drunks!

Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
The Squid's marked with an S!

I can hear you asking, "Just what happens to the Drunk
when a Squid and it are in one square?" Don't get all in a funk -
but the Drunk is destroyed and may as well be junk,
and the Squid's player gets one point!

Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,
Glory, glory hallelujah,