Daniel Lepage on Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:23:56 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] Joining

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you want us to call you "Rodney, the wizard of yendor", and not "Rodney, the wizard of yendor. Do you Yahoo!? Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!".

But correct me if I'm wrong :)

Welcome aboard, Rodney!

Tradition has it that when a new player joins, the old players give em some points. It sounds like a charitable tradition, but in fact I think it started because of the Stock Scam, way back when, that depended on the existence of a player with no points... Regardless, nobody has points right now, so I can't give you a welcome point. You'll have to settle for a welcome eclair :)

I'm Wonko, and I'm the Deputy Administrator of B Nomic. The real Administrator, David Smith, suddenly came down with a very bad case of having a real job, and has been unable to run the game. Before leaving, e deputized me to perform any and all of eir duties, so I'm the closest thing we have right now to an administrator.

You have zero points, 500 tildex, no Research Points, and no Franklins. This puts you on par with pretty much everyone (a recent ruleset hole led to all sorts of victory-style shenanigans, so we all lost all our points).

You have 10 bandwidth, and can submit proposals at a cost of 2BW per prop through the wiki at http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ProposalManagement

You'll need a login first; click "login" in the upper right corner to make yourself one.

Some useful sites:
http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/cgi-bin/moin.cgi - the B Nomic Wiki. This is a relatively new development (I set it up upon becoming deputy admin a few weeks ago), and growing in use, mainly because it's really easy for me to write scripts that plug into it.

If you have any questions, ask away and we'll do what we can to help out. I've been meaning to make some sort of "new player's guide to B Nomic", but then again I've been meaning to make a lot of things, and most of them remain undone.

Oh, and you have no cards, but you can draw one just by announcing it.

--
Wonko
Deputy Administrator of B Nomic