Daniel Peter Lepage on Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:25:49 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] NWEEK 65 RESULTS

Notes about these results:
1) Passage bonuses happen when the proposal Passes, which is before the changes in it take effect; as a result, charm changes, score changes, etc. due to proposal passage/failure are nullified by the final 'reset the gamestate' prop.
2) As far as I can tell, all of this stuff is considered to happen "at the end of the nweek". This means that my 'reset the gamestate' prop, by setting each player's activity to 1, inadvertantly causes 'The Direct Approach' to award wins to everybody with <1 activity. Also, everyone who voted then gets another activity point, so everyone who voted gets a win, too. As a result, everybody but Sagitta and The Voice win, and fourteen 'No Win For You' rules are created and then repealed.
3) Remember that the rules regarding Shelving have changed: A prop that is Shelved is not carried over automatically, but may be resubmitted at a reduced price next nweek.
4) My 'Fixing Proposals' prop seems to have assumed that somebody would make a proposal during Voting, which would then be numbered 1 and we'd go up from there. Since nobody did, proposals from now on will be numbered independently from rules and CFIs, but will start at p1882. Mea Culpa.
5) Zarpint is hereby asked to take care of the Roster-related stuff, reset, repeals, and whatnot.

It is now nweek 66, nday 1.

Now, the results:

Proposal 1867/1 (Still feelin' fine) (Wonko):
AFF: bd, Gizmit, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
NEG: Phil
SHL: Araltaln, SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-1-0-2). Measure passes. Wonko gains 6 points.
Changed a few rules, repealed a bunch. See the prop for the full list; it's as long as the rest of the results. I left in a lot, though, so if anybody wants to follow up with a more thorough wipe, go ahead.

Proposal 1868/0 (Hats on, gentlemen) (Wonko):
NEG: Araltaln, Gizmit, Phil, Zarpint x2 (Sophist)
SHL: bd, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (0-5-0-4). Measure fails.

Proposal 1869/0 (Cards for Hats) (Wonko):
AFF: Araltaln
NEG: Gizmit, Phil, Zarpint x2 (Sophist)
SHL: bd, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (1-4-0-4). Measure fails. Measure is Shelved.

Proposal 1872/2 (Initial Bandwidth) (Araltaln):
AFF: Araltaln, bd, Gizmit, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
ABS: Phil
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-0-1-1). Measure passes. Araltaln gains 7 points.
Created 212/8.

Proposal 1874/1 (Public Displays... but not of Affection) (Araltaln):
AFF: Araltaln, bd, The Pusher Robot, Zarpint
NEG: Gizmit, Phil
SHL: SkArcher, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-2-0-2). Measure fails. Measure is Shelved.
This can be resubmitted for 1BW.

Proposal 1875/0 (The Direct Approach) (Araltaln):
AFF: bd, Gizmit, Iain, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint, Araltaln x2
(CS Geek)
NEG: Phil
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-1-0-1). Measure passes. Araltaln gains 14 points.
Created rules 1882-95/0,/1, repealed 'em all. Everybody gets a Win 'cept Sagitta and The Voice.

Proposal 1879/0 (Nuh-uh) (Wonko):
AFF: Araltaln, bd, Gizmit, Phil, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
NEG: Zarpint
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-1-0-1). Measure passes. Wonko gains 12 points.
Created r1586/4.

Proposal 1880/2 (Clearing the State as well) (Wonko):
AFF: Araltaln, bd, Gizmit, Phil, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-0-0-1). Measure passes. Wonko gains 9 points.
Created r13/5

Proposal 1881/1 (Fixing Props) (Wonko):
AFF: Araltaln, bd, Gizmit, Phil, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-0-0-1). Measure passes. Wonko gains 9 points.
Created r5/4
    and r19/17.

Affirmative vote counts (BW Grem):
Wonko: 26 votes
Araltaln: 18 votes

Contrary vote counts (1pt per):
Phil: 2 votes
Zarpint: 1 votes

Plus Points: (does nothing, as scores were wiped)
Wonko: 36
Araltaln: 21

Plus Props:
Wonko: 4