Phil Ulrich on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:57:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [Spoon-business] Emergency stuff

1: Game time is now stopped. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Game time was already stopped anyway, and that it is nWeek 66, nDay 7 (with the clock turned off awaiting the issue of a ballot). The clock is turned Off, the Watch is set to zero and turned on. It is wWeek 0, wDay 1 (or possibly not... I rreally think we need to fix the confusing issues with time at some point)

Hear, hear.

2: We must establish a forum. Spoon-business looks fine to me, but what the hell, if ou don't like it suggest elsewhere

Spoon-business works wonderfully.

3: We need an Emergency Co-ordinator. Volunteers? I'm too busy to take the position.

I'm in favor of letting Araltaln do it. I would volunteer myself, but it's more fun to watch someone be suckered into it. Therefore, I bribe Araltaln into being Emergency Co-ordinator by giving him 2 tildex.

4: The value of the Pause is 0, and will increment at midnight UTC. Why do we have both the Watch and the Pause for tracking time in an Emergency?

We only use the Pause, really, if I'm reading it correctly. Your reading may vary.

5: Refresh proposals are submitted. Exactly who submits them, and to whom, isn't specified, but by Game custom it'll be the Emergency Co-Ordinator.

Sounds reasonable and sensible enough. Because as we all know, reasonability and sensibility rule the day here.

6-12: It isn't directly stated that these happen after the other events in an SoE, but it is likely that they have to wait by Game custom. Remind me to fix rule 0 at some point (again)

Sequential order sounds good here.

--Phil

"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?" - Blaise Pascal