David E. Smith on Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:30:12 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] Nweek 63 RESULTS

Wonko returns from Leave, and changes eir name to "8-9-3". (As e said e'll
probably change it back, I haven't yet updated that part of the Roster.
Name changes are a pain in the arse, so I avoid them when I can.)

For some reason, Zarpint recognizes a SOE. (1)
Teucer does as well. (2)
Ditto for SkArcher (3).
bd does so as well. (4)

Phil joins B Nomic. Welcome! Glotmorf is assigned to Mentor Phil. Phil
promptly goes On Leave before doing, um, anything. Phil then returns from
Leave.

SkArcher transfers 1 point to Phil.
Sagitta's votes weren't counted (late).

The new Gremlin Number is 117.

One thing that occurs to me that might be useful regarding "Open Source
Government" or whatever: a fairly simple "trouble ticket" system.
Subscribe an email address to s-b, configure procmail so that incoming
mail is added to the ticket system. Anyone (within reason) can log in to
this ticket system, which will presumably store some sort of data
regarding who's taking responsibility for recognizing each email sent to
s-b. (i.e. users can mark a certain email as "in process" or "done" or
whatever)

This doesn't eliminate the fact that right now the whole admin interface
is basically one giant hodgepodge, and there's no technical measures in
place to prevent anyone with the password from doing literally anything to
the game, with no real accountability, no checks and balances, no nothin'.
Right now it works because I'm the only one with the keys, so to speak,
and unless everyone trusts everyone else this could be a disaster in short
order.

"Voting Tokens" is p1861/0, /1.
"A Brand-New Shiny Garbage Truck" is p1862/0.

Voter turnout is at an all-time low, or close to it.

Welcome (finally ) to nweek 64. Hopefully the last week has demonstrated
how fragile a system that depends wholly upon me really is.

Proposal 1853/0 (Declaration of Extreme Cleverness) (Zarpint):
AFF: Teucer, Zarpint
NEG: bd, Wonko
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (2-2-0-1). Measure fails. Measure is Shelved.
Created p1863/0.

Proposal 1857/0 (Legislative Veto) (Sagitta):
AFF: bd, Wonko
NEG: Teucer, Zarpint
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (2-2-0-1). Measure fails. Measure is Shelved.
Created p1864/0.

Proposal 1858/0 (No Secret Kickbacks) (Sagitta):
AFF: Teucer
NEG: Wonko, Zarpint
ABS: bd
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (1-2-1-1). Measure fails. Sagitta loses 4 points.

Proposal 1859/0 (Slow Down) (Zarpint):
AFF: bd, Zarpint
NEG: Teucer, Wonko
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (2-2-0-1). Measure fails. Measure is Shelved.

Proposal 1860/0 (Ministry Cleaning) (Zarpint):
AFF: bd, Teucer, Wonko, Zarpint
SHL: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-0-0-1). Measure passes. Zarpint gains 8 points.
Created r625/24.

Affirmative vote counts (BW Grem):
Zarpint: 8 votes
Sagitta: 3 votes