David E. Smith on Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:19:52 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] Writ of Delay, and a not-CFI

I request that any player other than Glotmorf issue the following CFI:

Statement: As of Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:12:45, Central Daylight Time, the
Clock read nweek 62, nday 8.

Defendant: Glotmorf

(Whoever does this should take some portion of the below rant and
paraphrase it into an official document.)

I claim that, as the Ruleset does not clearly define what should and
should not be contained within a Recognizer, and do not in fact really
define what is required for me to "Recognize" anything, as the word is
never clearly defined, that Glotmorf's previous query does not count as
"something I need to Recognize in any official capacity".

The word 'Recognize' only appears in a few rules:
* Rule 0 (which explicitly refers only to the Emergency Management
  procedure)
* Rule 16 (stating that actions taken in Private Fora may, but are not
  required to, be recognized)
* Rule 260 (stating that the Admin may but is not required to recognize
  Kicks in the Ass)
* Rule 625.C.2 (Ministry of Gremlins)
* Rule 1272 (only in a comment)
* Rule 1583.D.1 (used in an informal context, refering to the "Duty Duty")
* Rule 1586 (stating that actions not recognized during a Checking Period
  cause the Clock to stop)

The original sequence of events is roughly as follows:

* I post the nweek 61 results. http://snipurl.com/5z5u
* Glotmorf points out an apparent discrepancy. http://snipurl.com/5z5x
* Nothing happens for several days.
* I issue an 'end of nday 7' recognizer. http://snipurl.com/5z5y
* Glotmorf disagrees with my interpretation. http://snipurl.com/5z5z

I issue a three-day Writ of Delay. If the Clock is Off (because I'm right,
and it's the end of nweek 62 already), this will be mostly harmless. If
the Clock is Off because it's nweek 61, nday 7, this will still be mostly
harmless. In fact, I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to do this, but
what the heck. (The above Writ is why this is being posted to -business.)

I request the above CFI because this is a point that needs clarification
before I post the nweek 62 results, a somewhat irreversible action.

I'm not entirely sure it's legal for any of this to happen, but I intend
to interpret it thusly: As the rules regarding Admin Recognition of
anything, really, are impressively nonexistent, there's not really any
requirement for me to recognize *everything* all at once... Thus, I can
recognize the CFI, randomly assign a judge (and I do promise it'll be
random, even though I'm not obliged to do so), wait for that Judge to
issue a ruling, and recognize the ruling, all without interfering with the
Clock any more than it's already been interfered with.

Actually, this may really be more of an Emergency-grade situation, but
I'll leave that decision to all'y'all.

I also claim that as Societies have annoyed me (and just about everyone
else) more than substantially any other part of the game, it really is
time for Glotmorf to just shut up about it and let them go. But my claims
are clearly rarely listened to anyway. :-)

dave

--
David E. Smith  dave@[technopagan.org|bureau42.com|whatisay.com|mvn.net]
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me?