Zarpint on Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:48:53 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] gnusto

Well, good, because there's more to do.

Sagitta, I don't understand the slavery prop, because it's not explicitly
stated that a player can affect the state of eir slave or its property.
And slaves shouldn't be allowed to have property. And what does "affect
emself" mean? Does it include taking actions like proposing?
And what can I do with a slave if I have one?

To answer Glotmorf's objection, I propose the following:

{{__Fiat__
Add after the first sentence of r625.A.2 the following XYZZY delimited text:

XYZZY
The Administrator must perform the duties of any unoccupied Ministry.
XYZZY
}}

I propose the following:
{{__The Painted Face of Death__

Add the following subsections to section B of r154:

{{
B.7. Deaths
Deaths is a nonnegative integer equal to the number of times that Player
has Died. Dying is an Action. The act of Dying is called a Death.

B.8. Kills
If specified by another rule, Players may Kill other Players. Kills is
a nonnegative integer equal to the number of times that Player has Killed
other Players. When Player A Kills Player B, Player B Dies.

B.9. Life Status
Life Status is either "Alive" or "Dead". A Player is Alive if e has never
Died or if e has been Resurrected since the last time e Died. Otherwise,
e is Dead. Resurrecting is an Action and may only be performed as specified
by the Rules.
}}

}}

I create an Unterumwelt named "gnusto". I specify the player known as
Zarpint the Incomplete as Unteradmin. I specify the following for its
Rulebook to be set to:
{{

0. lower numbered rules always take precedence to higher numbered rules.
all rules are case-sensitive.

1. a Toggle is a variable which must have exactly one of the values
"Up", "Down", "Indeterminate", or "Refused".

2. there exist six Toggles known as Gorgonzola, Cheddar, Brie, Munster,
Gruyere, and Feta.

2 1/2. All of the Toggles are set to "Up". This rule deletes itself
when all of the Toggles are set to "Up".

3. THERE IS NO RULE THREE.

4. there exist an infinite number of Magic Cookies. There exists a Cookie
Jar.

4 1/2. The Player known as "Zarpint the Incomplete" has 8 Magic Cookies.
All other Players have 3. The rest are in the Cookie Jar. This rule
deletes itself when the Player known as "Zarpint the Incomplete" has 8
Magic Cookies, all other Players have 3, and the rest are in the Cookie Jar.

5. each Player may Flip one Toggle each Checking Period. at the end of each
nweek, each Player receives one Magic Cookie from the Cookie Jar for each
Toggle e has Flipped. when a Player Flips a Toggle, the following occurs:

A. N is the number of Magic Cookies the Player had when e Flipped the Toggle.
B. if N mod 5 is 1, the number of Magic Cookies in that Player's possession
triples.
C. if N mod 5 is 2, the Toggle moves as follows:
if the Toggle is Up, it becomes Down.
if the Toggle is Down, it becomes Refused.
if the Toggle is Refused, it becomes Up.

D. if N mod 5 is 3, the Toggle moves to Indeterminate.

E. if N mod 5 is 4, the Player may change gnusto in one of the following ways:
 i. change any numeric character to any other numeric character
 ii. change all occurrences of any capitalized word to any other capitalized
word
 iii. add a rule consisting of three words to the end of gnusto.

F. otherwise, a random Toggle becomes Indeterminate.

6. if a Toggle is ever Indeterminate, it changes to one of "Up", "Down", or
"Refused" chosen randomly, and a randomly chosen toggle changes to one of
"Up", "Down", or "Indeterminate" chosen randomly.

7. Foo Baz Foo Qux Quux.
}}

I don't know what that does, but it might be interesting.

Zarpint

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Glotmorf wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2004 at 17:04, David E. Smith wrote:
>
> > As there were no unrecognized actions at the end of nday 3, the Clock
> > never turned off. Nevertheless, since this proper exercise of the
> > rules is bound to confuse everyone, I'm issuing a one-day Writ of
> > Delay, so folks will have plenty of time to ponder the Ballot (which
> > will be coming out soonish, but won't be vote-on-able for another
> > day).
>
> Mr. A...I formally disagree with this statement.  An action
> that was made prior to the nday 3 recognizer but not
> recognized until after nday 3 was, per Rule 129, my objection
> to your statement that my M-Tek proposal failed.  This was
> recognized in the most recent recognizer, which in fact makes
> this most recent recognizer the nday 3 recognizer.
>
> 						Glotmorf
>
> -----
> The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
> http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd