Bill Adlam on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:31:04 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] more improper propositioning

I join the mentor pool.

In my proposal __Legislative_Veto__, I change the definition of 'active
player from:
{{
An active player is a player whose activity is greater than or equal to
0.
}}
to:
{{
An active player is a player who is Off Leave and is not Lurking or
Comatose.
}}
I think this better reflects the concept.

I also propose (regarding contrary votes):

__No_Secret_Kickbacks__
{{
Add to 8-9-3,
before the last line ['one point']
{{in public only}}
}}

Acting secretly, players have an advantage in second-guessing.  A vote
in secret, in a shuttered, smoke-filled room, does not deserve points.

__Player_Is_Created_Free,_But_Everywhere_E_Is_In_Chains__
{{
In Rule 1732, delete the first and last sentences of section E.
[[
This section currently reads:
{{
E Possession
No Game Object may possess a Player or Society. When an Action of a
Player or Society creates a game object other than a Player or Society,
the Object's creator possesses it. This subsection defers to all other
rules that determine the possession of Objects.
}}
As previously discussed, the first sentence currently has no effect,
because of the last one.
]]

Add the following FETTER-delimited text to the end of Rule 636:

FETTER
However, if one player possesses another, the owned player can still
affect emself and be affected as normal.
FETTER
[[
This rule currently reads:
{{
Rule 636/1
Keep your hands off!
Last Revision: nweek 17. Revision History
Attributes: Chutzpah 2

Unless otherwise explicitly permitted by the rules, no player may
modify the state of any object in possession of another player, without
the other player's explicit permission in a public forum.
}}
Allowing players to own each other may or may not benefit the game, but
we should not prevent slaves from taking actions that affect
themselves.  Nor should they be invulnerable to third parties.
]]
}}

Sagitta