Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 6 Mar 2004 17:37:19 -0000

[Spoon-business] revisions!

I argue that Props are revisable objects since:
1. Nowhere is it currently specified explicitly whether Props are or not
revisable, so they could be either,
2. Game precedent indicates that Props are revisable, suggesting that
resolution of the ambiguity,
3. r4 suggests, and it makes no sense to say otherwise, that revision numbers
on an object indicate that it is revisable unless otherwise specified, and
my Props below have them, and
4. We really want them to be.

I will thus attempt to revise Props. Someone, please propose to remove the
ambiguity explicitly.

I revise p1813 by adding the following paragraph to its end:

{{
Delete the last sentence of r19, and change r19's Chutzpah to 5.
}}

and since fixing the Upper House is important,

I change the entirety of prop 1817 to

{{__Being an Appellate Judge for Fun and Profit__

When this Proposal passes, make any player who has is Off Leave and has not been recused from any CFI within the past two nweeks an Appellate Judge for any CFI which
(1), e is an Eligible Judge for, and
(2), has been assigned to the Upper House since the beginning of nweek 59, but
(3), has not yet been ruled upon by the Upper House.

Change r128.II to:
"II. The Upper House
There exists a group of players called the Upper House. The Upper House consists of every player who is Off Leave and who hasn't been recused from any CFI within the past two nweeks."

Change r128.III to:
"III. Upper House Judgment
When a CFI is assigned to the Upper House, all members of the Upper House who are Eligible Judges for that CFI become Appellate Judges for that CFI, except the original Judge. If this would result in fewer than three Appellate Judges, then all members of the Upper House become Appellate Judges.

Add the following paragraph:
"VI. Voluntary Declining
Any Appellate Judge may decline to issue a ruling on an appealed CFI. If e does, e is not counted as an Appellate Judge for purposes of majority ruling. No Player shall suffer any penalty for so declining."

}}

Zarpint

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, David E. Smith wrote:

> "Fix The Contradictions" is p1813/0.
> "Privacy" is p1814/0.
> "the Default Case is cool" is p1815/0.
> "Clarifying the Not-So-Default Case" is p1816/0.
> "No one is paying attention to Money Here" is p1817/0.
>
> SkArcher's CFI is 1818, assigned to Baron von Skippy.
>
> As long as I'm digging through old CFIs anyway: Rob is recused from CFI
> 1772, which goes to the Upper House. Rob is also recused from CFI 1781,
> which also goes to the Upper House.
>
> If someone wants to create a CFI Minister or CFI Duty, the main job of
> which will be to keep CFIs from sitting around for countless nweeks, feel
> free to do so.
>
> Someone look up who should be in the Upper House (Rob's out, and I think
> Glotmorf may still be ineligible due to having been recused from another
> CFI recently) and post it or something.
>
> Glotmorf plays a FLOOD card.
>
> dave

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd