Daniel Lepage on 27 Jan 2004 16:03:40 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer (Sunday Night)

On Jan 25, 2004, at 11:34 PM, David E. Smith wrote:

In fact, upon further review, it appears there is no Upper House...

r128 says that members must meet or exceed the requirements to be Veterans
of B Nomic, but there is no such entity in the current Rules. Thus, at
some point, I'll be required to issue a ruling, as the Upper House is by definition unable to reach a judgment (what's a majority of zero again?) I do, however, have to wait seven days (so that the non-existent Upper House
can fail to reach a majority ruling).

By rule 128:
If fewer than three players meet the aforementioned qualifications to be part of the Upper House, then all players who have been playing for less than one full year but more than one month, and who are not On Leave, are counted as members of the Upper House.

This makes Sagitta, SkArcher, Teucer, TPR, and Wild Card the Upper House.

This means, oddly enough, that Teucer has managed to turn being an old player into a *disadvantage* by trying to remove something that wasn't much of an advantage anyway.

For unintentional yet still unbridled hostility towards all players of age 1 year or higher, I give Teucer a Kick in the Ass.

BTW, I also give Sagitta a Kick in the Ass for eir attempted pseudocode action, which read
"
/* someone is bound to insult someone sooner or later */
:Hell
Award Sagitta a win.
"

--