Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 19 Jan 2004 09:56:17 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposals! what fun!

My apologies. I accidentally *buzz* sent that to discuss.

So I *buzz* got the Scarf on 56/1, which makes the effects Dronish *crackle*.

BvS, I think your proposal is *buzz* nuts and breaks the "Thou Shalt Not
Screw With Time" rule, as well as very stylish. Which *crackle* means that
I will vote for it, and also that *crackle* you should add "Repeal Rule 204"
before the rule text.

Oh, and Dave, I *buzz* *buzz* should get Style points for getting the Scarf.

I change my Philosophy to:
"not bothering amassing *crackle* large amounts of stuff; just creating chaos and silliness".

I propose:
{{__Gender Fix__

Replace "biological gender" with "gender outside of B Nomic" in the first
paragraph of Rule 295. [[Just because gender isn't really biological, and
this bugs me.]]

Change the first sentence of the second paragraph of Rule 295 to: "The Gender
attribute may be any string of characters less than 127 characters long."

Change the second sentence of the second paragraph of Rule 295 to the text:
"By default, all players and other game entities have the Gender 'Undeclared'.
If a rule specifies effects due to Gender, and does not specify an effect for
some game entity's Gender, that game entity shall be treated as though its
Gender were 'Undeclared'.

Remove the first sentence from the third paragraph of Rule 295.

Remove "changing gender more than twice in any nweek" from the LOGAS [[since
it's only updated once a week anyway, it doesn't matter]]

Add the following STYLISH delimited text to the end of Rule 295:

STYLISH
If a player has changed gender at least once during an nweek, increase eir
style by 1 at the end of the nweek.
STYLISH

}}

I propose:
{{__Pseudocoding is not a crime__

Remove "Attempting to perform or performing a Pseudocode action (as defined by precedent)" from the LOGAS.

Create the following rule:
{{__Pseudocode Revisited__

Proposals and other actions may use code-like structures called Pseudocode
under the condition that the Pseudocode takes effect in a single instant and
uses either features syntactically, but not necessarily semantically, similar
to C's 'if', 'while', 'do while', 'for', 'break', 'goto', 'switch', 'continue',
functions, variables, and operators, or features of normal English. These
features evaluate the way they do normally in C or English respectively.
In the case of a loop that appears not to terminate, or Pseudocode difficult
or impossible to determine the effects of, the Administator must decide some
interestingly appropriate effect (in eir judgement) that terminates and
allows the game to continue.
[[This fixes previous problems with Pseudocode.]]
}}

}}

I propose:
{{__Rewarding Strangeness__

Add after the third paragraph of Rule 23:

"In the event of an Administrator veto of a proposal, the player who proposed
the vetoed proposal shall have the choice of either:

- Regaining any lost Bandwidth from the proposal, and having the proposal have
no further effect on Bandwidth

- or losing Bandwidth as normal, but having eir Style increased by 1 and eir
Score increased by (1d9)-4."

[[This way, we'll be encouraged (as if we needed it) to make more strange
proposals, and some of them might work and make the game better in weird
ways.]]
}}

I propose:
{{__Attributes are very Stylish__

Change everything after "B.6. Style" in Rule 154 to the following DNA
delimited text:

DNA
Style is a positive integer. If a Player becomes the Player with the
greatest Style, that Player receives the Title "Frood who Really Knows
where Eir Towel is". If a Player ceases to be the Player with the
greatest Style, e loses that Title. A Player tied for greatest Style
shall not be considered to be the Player with the greatest Style for
purposes of this rule.
DNA

Give the Player with the greatest Style, without ties, the Title "Frood
who Really Knows where Eir Towel is", if such a Player exists.
}}

Zarpint
The Style *crackle* Police

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, David E. Smith wrote:

> Some of this may be duplicated, and if so, well, whoops...
>
> A quick note on my apparent eventual elimination from the game: The
> technical logistics are something that needs to be carefully thought out.
> Right now, the Admin part of B Nomic is nothing but a few other Web pages
> with a .htaccess file (for basic password protection). Unless we all trust
> each other (which is possible...) the whole game would probably need to be
> redone in some other form (maybe a Wiki that requires logging in and
> certain credentials to change specified documents). Also, some sort of
> work management system, if there are to be multiple Admins. (Something as
> simple as a Web-based mail account, subscribed to spoon-business, somehow
> rigged so only one person can log in at a time, and that person goes
> through each email in the mailbox, deleting them and sending out a
> Recognizer when they're done, might work.)
>
> I cleared out (some of) the items that no longer exist from the Roster. Wheee!
>
> "For the Love of Bob" is p1757/0, /1, /2
> "Repeal of the LOSA" is p1758/0.
> "Age before Beauty" is p1756/0. (Don't ask about the numbering. :)
> "Allowing Actions Again" is p1761/0.
> "Standardized Elections" is p1762/0.
> "The Council Revisited" is p1759/1.
> "Nevinyrral's Disk" is p1764/0, /1.
> "Untitled Prop by SkArcher" is p1765/0.
>
> Points are added per the Minister of Quotes' instructions.
>
> CFI: Teucer's "r1638" CFI is 1763, to be Judged by Glotmorf.
>
> I don't think SkArcher's "Declaration of Extreme Cleverness" meets the
> requirements of r1659 -- it doesn't really contain a description of the
> alleged cleverness.
>
> The Pink Scarf is transferred to Zarpint.
>
> Mikie the Inscrutable joins B Nomic. Welcome!
>
> SkArcher gives Mikie a point.
> Sagitta gives Mikie a point.
>
> The Pusher Robot changes Philosophy to Selective Lobbyist.
>
> Welcome to nweek 56.
>

> VOTE RESULTS:
>
> Proposal 1719/1 (Is Your Card Filled?) (Glotmorf):
> AFF: bd, Iain, Wonko
> NEG: Sagitta, SkArcher, Teucer, The Pusher Robot, Zarpint
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (3-5-0-0). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 2 points.
>
> Proposal 1720/1 (Closed Connection) (SkArcher):
> AFF: bd, Iain, Sagitta, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
> NEG: Zarpint
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-1-0-0). Measure passes. SkArcher gains 15 points.
> Added one EOT to the Deck.
>
> Proposal 1721/0 (This Space Intentionally Left Blank) (Glotmorf):
> AFF: bd
> NEG: Iain, Sagitta, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (1-6-0-0). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 1 points.
>
> Proposal 1722/0 (Poik!) (Wonko):
> AFF: bd, Sagitta, Teucer, The Pusher Robot, Wonko, Zarpint
> NEG: Iain, SkArcher
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-2-0-0). Measure passes. Wonko gains 8 points.
> Created the Poik card. (None are added to the Deck, since none were
> specified.)

> [...]

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."