Baron von Skippy on 15 Nov 2003 03:44:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Workin' for The Man

After nearly two years, I think it's time B Nomic attempted to give something to the community - the international community, I suppose, what with us being a nation and all. Anyway, here's my thought: a subgame where we put our clearly extensive hole-finding skills to work writing something approximating actual legislature, then (at least for this first one) send the result off to the gummint to deal with. Even if we don't do that, the game promises to be interesting, at least. And I think this prop makes sense, but some of the concepts were tricky to write, so let's play the feedback game...

I propose:
{{
__Putting that Nitpickiness to Good Use__

Create a rule:
{{
__Legislosity__

A. Legiswhat?
There exists a Subgame called Legislosity. At any time, multiple games of Legislosity may be running. Each game of Legislosity must have a uniquely identifying name.

All players of Legislosity have a Legislosity Score, which is an integral number of Legislosity Points, or LPs. When a player joins a game of Legislosity, that player's Legislosity score is set to 0. A player's Legislosity Score can only be changed as defined in this rule. A player's Legislosity Score and LPs are not linked in any way to that player's Score or Points as defined in Rule 21.

All games of Legislosity have a Purpose and a Rule. The Purpose of a game of Legislosity is the ideal end result of the rule the game is constructing and revising. When a player creates a game of Legislosity, that player becomes the Moderator of that game. The Text of a game of Legislosity is the rule being constructed by the players of that game.

B. Legislosity Roles
B.1. Moderators
Each game of Legislosity must have a Moderator. If at any time a game of Legislosity does not have a Moderator, that game ends.

At any time, the Moderator of any game of Legislosity may make a player of that game into the Moderator of that game by declaring their intent to do so on a public forum and giving that player 20 points for each other player of that game. At any time, the Moderator of a game of Legislosity may cease to be Moderator [[and destroy that game]] by declaring their intent to do so to a public forum and paying each player 20 points. If a Moderator does not have enough Points to do either of the above actions [[transferring power or quitting]], that Moderator may not perform those actions.

A single Player of B Nomic may be Moderator of any number of Legislosity games; however, no player may be both the Moderator and a player of a single Legislosity game.

B.2. Players
Players who wish to join a game of Legislosity may do so by paying 20 points to the Moderator of that game. A player of a game of Legislosity may quit that game at any time by stating their intent to do so on a public forum. A single Player of B Nomic may be a player of any number of Legislosity games.

C. Creating Games
Games of Legislosity can be created at any time by any player declaring their intent on a public forum to create a game of Legislosity, and stating the game's name, Purpose, and the the original form of its Text.

D. Gameplay
Any number of times per nweek, players of a game of Legislosity may declare Bugs or Tweaks  A Bug in a game of Legislosity is any problem with the Text of that game which allows an action which would obey the letter of the Text of that game, but not the Purpose of that game. [[A loophole, in other words.]] on a public forum. The Moderator is responsible for recording Bugs which have not been Tweaked in a publicly visible location [[like the Wiki]]. A Tweak is a suggested change which would fix a Bug.

The Moderator may, at eir discretion, choose not to recognize a Bug or a Tweak, although it is understood that this will not happen unless there is good reason [[for example, someone purposefully leaving holes so they can patch those and get more points]]. When the Moderator does recognize a Tweak, they implement that Tweak, changing the game's Text.

If there are no Bugs which have not been Tweaked remaining, and none have been declared in an nweek, the Moderator may declare the game ended.

E. Scoring
Each time a player declares a Bug or a Tweak, and it is recognized by the Moderator, that player gets one LP. When the game ends, each player recieves five Points for each LP they had, and the Moderator recieves one point for every three LPs scored during the course of the game.
}}
}}

[[BvS]]