Craig on 15 Sep 2003 21:19:26 -0000

[Spoon-business] Mercantile Issues

Wonko has alerted me to a possible alternate interpretation of the
Mercantile Society charter.

"BTW, I think it might be better to say that each player *starts* with a
total of between one and two hundred resources, instead of "Each player
will have a total of between one and two hundred resources."; the
current wording suggests that a) nobody can ever have more than 200 or
fewer than 100, and b) you can arbitrarily set anyone's resources to
any valid number at any time."

He's right, it does indeed suggest that. Oopsie.

Therefore, the charter is changed to have the paragraph in question read,

{{
Each player will start with a total of between one and two hundred
resources. They will be chosen by the Deity, partly at random and partly
based on the player's territory.
}}

 -- Teucer

"Best case scenario: free ice cream for all. Worst case scenario: World War
3-27"
 -carbon

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx