Craig on 14 Sep 2003 21:31:06 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Charter Fixing...

I tried to do this earlier, but as Wonko points out, it wound up on s-d.
Oopsie. It's happening for real now.

 -- Teucer

"Be vewwy vewwy quiet. We're getting mawwied."
 -clsn

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: spoon-discuss-bounces@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:spoon-discuss-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Craig
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 1:51 PM
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Charter Fixing...

I'm now making the changes previously made to Wonko's rewrite of the
charter; I couldn't make them to my own version because the texts quoted
were no longer correct.

{{
To join the Mercantile Society, a player must announce eir intent to
join and transfer one point to the society for every member of the
society, and the Deity must approve em for admittance.
}}

Shall be replaced with

{{
To join the Mercantile Society, a player must announce eir intent to
join and transfer one point to the society for every member of the
society, and the Deity must approve em for admittance. If this would require
em to give the Society more than three points, e instead must give the
society three points.
}}

{{
    A B C D E F G H I K L M N

1  . . . . . f f f f . f . .
2  . . . . f f f j j . f . .
3  g m d d g g g g f . . . .
4  m d d g g g g r . . . . .
5  f g g . . . . . . . . . .
6  . . . . . . . . . . . . .
}}

Shall be replaced with

{{
   A B C D E F G H I K L M N

1  . . . . . . j j f . . . .
2  . . . . . f f f j f . . .
3  . g g m f m m j m g f . .
4  g m d d g g g g g . . . .
5  f d d g r g . r . . . . .
6  . . . . . . . . . . . . .
}}

{{
Each player will have a total of fifteen resources. They will be chosen
by the Deity, partly at random and partly based on the player's
territory.
}}

Shall be replaced with

{{
Each player will have a total of between one and two hundred resources. They
will be chosen by the Deity, partly at random and partly based on the
player's territory.
}}

{{
When the majority of members have ten of each resource other than gold,
the players who do have ten of each non-gold resource will each receive
from the Society one point per member with less gold than them who does
have ten of each non-gold resource and one point per member who does
not have ten of each non-gold resource. Each member who does not have
ten of each resource other than gold receives from the society one
point per member who also does not have ten of each resource other than
gold and who has less gold than the member in question.
}}

is replaced with

{{
When the majority of members have ten of each resource other than gold,
the players who do have ten of each non-gold resource will each receive
from the Society one point per member with less gold than them who does
have ten of each non-gold resource and one point per member who does
not have ten of each non-gold resource. Each member who does not have
ten of each resource other than gold receives from the society one
point per member who also does not have ten of each resource other than
gold and who has less gold than the member in question. If this procedure
requires that the Society give out more points than it has, it gives no
points to the member to whom it would otherwise give the least number of
points. If it still requires more points, another member is denied points,
and so on until the society has enough points to give them to the players.
Any leftover points are kept by the Society for the purpose of increasing
the prize on a future game of Merchants.
}}

 -- Teucer

"I think that square is top of cool shape in the world"
 -CUBIC* cube

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx