David E. Smith on 1 Sep 2003 23:42:58 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Rainy Recognizer (Monday afternoon)

Baron von Skippy transfers 4 points to The Underground Society.
Wonko does the same.
Glotmorf takes 3 points from The Underground Society.

Neither Wonko's self-kick (for non-existent HTML), nor Teucer's kick to
Wonko (for alleged hostility) are recognized.

The B Nomic home page is updated: I removed the links to non-existent
Ministries (Grid, Insta, Force, Gnomes, and Weather), and added the Goban.

I hope nothing really really exciting has taken place on -discuss in the
last couple days... apparently, Mailman decided to unsubscribe me for
excessive bounces. The bounces were all a result of SoBig emails getting
blocked by my upstream mail host (which, since they were never sent
through the list in the first place, shouldn't count -- I would have
thought Mailman was bright enough to realize these weren't list mails in
the first place.)

The M-Tek charter is revised.

Before Orc was Garbage Collected, e transferred 27 points to each of
Glotmorf and Baron von Skippy. I'll be round to collect the funeral tax
shortly.

"Bulldozing Wall Street" is p1662/0.

I would like to point out that Glotmorf's "Hey, let's take over OrcTech"
not-quite-a-scam is just another gaping flaw in the society system. (Like
phantom voting, which STILL hasn't been fixed even though it's been a
problem for just about the entire history of this game. Like all the
various and sundry society wars. Like... well, I could go on, but any
reasonable person -- by which I mean basically everyone but Glotmorf --
can see why societies need to go.)

Anyway, Glotmorf changes eir name to Orc, takes over OrcTech, rewrites its
charter. (I'll assume that at some point in the near future Glotmorf will
change eir name back, so I'm not gonna go through all the ugliness
involved in rewriting the players database table.)

With that in mind...

{{ __No, No, A Thousand Times No__

Repeal rule 578.

}}

{{ __The Only Thing Worse Than Societies__

If it still exists, repeal rule 1229.

[[ Since it was deactivated a while back, it may have been automatically
repealed. This buys me time to dig through the list history and see when
it was deactivated. ]]

}}

The above are p1663 and p1664 respectively.