Daniel Lepage on 29 Aug 2003 05:29:20 -0000

[Spoon-business] Re: Tunnelers

Well, it's good to see you're still alive. :)  If
you're still interested in Tunnelers, transfer 4
points to the Underground Society and I'll get the
cards dealt.

*sigh*. I'm trying to. I really am. And I'm sure that sooner or later, this is going to work. After all, I've already been blocked by Joel's mail scripts, another mail bouncing, a mistyped address, and my own email program trying to keep me from doing things in anger; Sooner or later we're bound to run out of ways for this to fail.

So here it goes, the fifth attempt at getting this message to spoon-business:

---------------

Dammit, Eudora decided to delay the sending of this message without
telling me, because I said 'shit' at one point, so it thinks I must
be really angry. The funny thing is, I wasn't angry 'til it started
trying to help me. I'm really starting to get irritated now.

Alright, here's what I just tried to say:

---------------

Okay, I'm going to try this ONE more time, and if this doesn't work,
I might as well just quit. Two former tries at this got 'suspended
pending admin approval'; one of those has now been rejected, and the
other's certainly been hung up long enough to be. So I went and
subscribed this address, even though I'd hoped to make do merely
using wonko@xxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile, I think this is gonna be an HTML message; I can't find
anything that will shut that off (I kicked myself in the ass later in
this message just to be safe). For that matter, I also can't find my
list of 'sent messages'. Or even a way to filter nomic messages,
though I think I know what I need to do first to make that work.

But I must admit, I've lost all respect I had for Eudora, 'cause this
is crap. (heh, and now it's trying to warn me that my message is too
angry, 'cause I said 'crap'. And 'ass'. Wow, two whole  jalapeno
peppers :) Oh, and although fn-delete functions as a forward delete,
and option-delete functions as an entire word delete, opt-fn-delete
doesn't function as a forward entire word delete. Who designed this
lump of fetid dingo shit? (Ah, there's that third jalapeno I was
looking for. Apparently repeated uses of 'crap' and 'ass' aren't
enough to warrant the third; I need to use one of the *really*
offensive ones. I'm going to have to investigate this thing further
(by which I mean, of course, that I'm going to have to start swearing
at people on my contact list. In the name of science, of course) )

So here's what I've been trying to say for the past week: