Glotmorf on 23 Aug 2003 18:07:48 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 47 BALLOT

The Prez of M-Tek presents the following M-Tek Position on the current ballot:

>Proposal 1625/1: More is less (bd)

No.  Sorry, but I like p1627 better.

>Proposal 1627/0: Less (Rob)

Yes.

>Proposal 1628/0: There's a hole (SkArcher)

Yes.

>Proposal 1629/0: Quote Prop by Anything McGee (Anything McGee)

Abstain.

>Proposal 1630/0: Enough Already! (Wonko)

No.  I find it entertaining.

>Proposal 1631/0: A Cheat By Any Other Name (The Administrator)

Shelve.  I'd rather see the A La Carte system replaced with something instead of being done away with altogether.

>Proposal 1640/1: Justice and Freedom of Speech (Anything McGee)

Yes.  I like it, if for the backbite rule.  Though it occurs to me that someone with zero points can either raise infinite claims of hostility...or, for that matter, be infinitely hostile...since e has nothing to lose.

>Proposal 1641/3: Housekeeping (Anything McGee)

No.  I like those things where they are.  I can find them there.

>Proposal 1642/0: Players (Baron von Skippy)

Shelve.  "Players may perform any action allowed by the rules" really should be "Players may perform any action allowed to them by the rules".  Otherwise, one could argue that players could take society, gremlin or administrator actions.

>Proposal 1643/0: Scams (Baron von Skippy)

No.  Subsection D needs to go into the Secret Charter instead.

>Proposal 1644/0: Subgame Fora (SkArcher)

Yes.

>Proposal 1645/0: The One Thing They Really Couldn't Stand (Wonko)

Yes.  Sort of the anti-Scarf, eh?

>Proposal 1646/0: Bandwidth Changes (Anything McGee)

No.  More is less.

>Proposal 1647/0: Contrary and Unanimous Votes (Anything McGee)

Shelve.  Make some provision for multiple votes on the same proposal.

>Proposal 1648/0: Quote prop by The Pusher Robot (The Pusher Robot)

Yes.

>Proposal 1649/0: Players redefined (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

>Proposal 1651/0: Dante's Inferno, Canto XXXIV (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.  Others can tell us veterans by the titles on our walls.

>Proposal 1652/0: A clean, rules-friendly way of saying ... (Wonko)

No.  Especially if the next proposal goes through.

>Proposal 1653/0: My Clock, It Keeps Getting Stuck (The Administrator)

Yes.

>Proposal 1654/0: The Cactus Jack Memorial Prize (The Administrator)

Yes.  And since the Baron screwed me over too, can I kick em?

>Proposal 1655/0: Do What I Say, Not What I Diagram (Glotmorf)

Yes.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower