Daniel Lepage on 6 Aug 2003 23:18:26 -0000

[Spoon-business] r10

By r10:
No Proposal may modify this Rule unless said Proposal receives a 2/3 or greater plurality of affirmative votes.

p1596 modified r10, namely by making a rule that repealed it; but it didn't receive 2/3 of the votes, so r10 blocked it.

I also claim that the wording of the sovereignty rule is bad - "The laws of each nation, part of a nation, or international body, as well as all international treaties and all government regulations, are repealed." is an action, not a rule condition; as such, I would interpret that it happens upon the rule's creation; the rule was created *before* B Nomic was a 'nation'; thus the repeal didn't affect our ruleset, because we weren't a nation.

This is besides the fact that we don't have laws, so it still didn't work.

Assuming nobody can come up with a counter argument to all three of these weaknesses, I propose:
{{
__The One Thing They Really Couldn't Stand__

Create a rule:
{{
__Smart-Ass__

A. The Prize
There exists an object called the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness. It may be owned by no more than one player.

At the beginning of each nweek, the owner of the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness gains 5 points, if e is a player.

B. The Mob
There exists an object called the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists. At the end of each nweek (after points have been awarded for passage of proposals, etc.), if a player owns the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness, the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists gains 20 points. The Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists may not gain points except as specified in this rule.

If the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists ever has more points than the owner of the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness, the owner of the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness gets Lynched, which means they lose 2/3 of their points, rounded up, and the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness ceases to be owned by anyone. When this happens, the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists loses all its points.

C. Smartass.

If a player believes that an action performed by another player is extremely clever in an irritating sort of way, e may make a Declaration of Extreme Cleverness. A Declaration of Extreme Cleverness must contain the name of exactly one player who performed the clever yet irritating action, and a description of said action. Declarations of Extreme Cleverness are Unauthored Proposals; when one passes, the player named in the proposal as performing the action becomes the owner of the Galactic Institute Prize for Extreme Cleverness, and the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists loses all its points, then gains a number of points equal to 2/3 of the player's score, rounded up, unless this is less than 20, in which case it gains no points.

 A player may not name emself in a Declaration of Extreme Cleverness.
}}

Give the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness to The Pusher Robot. Set the score of the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists to 2/3 of the The Pusher Robot's score, rounded down, unless this is less than 20; if it is less than twenty, set the score of the Rampaging Mob of Respectable Physicists to 0.

}}

--
Wonko