Glotmorf on 30 May 2003 20:19:02 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 42 BALLOT

>The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 42:
>
>Proposal 1537/0: So are we going to use these nice Stats? (Baron von
>Skippy)

Shelve.  Much as I hate to make things too complicated (as opposed to just complicated enough), I'd suggest the speed boots be more like prepaid phone cards -- they get used up bit by bit, and whatever isn't used expires at a certain time.  As for Goof Gas...perhaps bundling it with some actual use for intelligence?

>Proposal 1538/1: I'm the half can! (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

>Proposal 1540/0: Oh no you don't (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No.  Administrator veto is one thing; administrator mandate is quite another.

>Proposal 1541/0: Everlasting Moon (Teucer)

No.  The weather is random, but the moon isn't.  Try a more cyclical moon.

>Proposal 1542/0: Quote Prop by Teucer (Teucer)

No.  There's a known author.  Go through the spoon-discuss archives on the B Nomic site.

>Proposal 1543/0: Quote Prop by BvS (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

>Proposal 1544/0: Boom! Hee hee! (Baron von Skippy)

No.  The idea of dislodging sirens and having them battle is interesting, but if Something Bad happens a lot of players could be in the same circle of influence, and will then be dragged with the pinballed siren.  This could be a lot of work for the admin/gridmin.  Plus, the rules for movement of players and conflicts in new locations aren't clear. (I can see, though, how this could be a really complicated weapon...)

>Proposal 1545/0: Well, I got better... (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

>Proposal 1546/0: No ring for you! (Baron von Skippy)

Shelve.  I'd like to see a specific finite number of jewelry boxes created.

>Proposal 1547/1: No Cold Calling (SkArcher)

Yes.

>Proposal 1548/0: Refining (SkArcher)

No.  It's a cute idea, but unless we're going back to itemized raw materials I don't think we need it.  Precedent has already been set for turning things into other things just by having them in one's possession and saying one is doing so.

>Proposal 1549/0: Pseudocode (The Pusher Robot)

No...though I'll offer you a challenge.  Come up with a Nomic Construction Language and I'll consider it.

>Proposal 1550/0: A Cowpie by Any Other Name (Glotmorf)

Yes.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower