Orc In A Spacesuit on 13 May 2003 08:45:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Orc: You say that the "movement prop" had a change to r1326. What is the
movement prop? I don't immediately see a prop with 'movement' in the name.
Proposal number, please. (Also, fixed the ' thing in the GridMin page, I
think.)

1483 ith the number. And actually, you mithhed the whole tail end of the prop. Here'th the relevant text:

{{
Append to Rule 1186, __Lake Caffeine__, "Players, Barney, and Gremlins gain +X Speed while Wired, where X is eir Constitution divided by 3. When a player, a Gremlin, or Barney becomes Wired, e gains Movement equal to X divided by 3, if e has not already become Wired during the current nweek."

In Rule 1271/0, __Races__, after the sentence that starts "If any of an object's stats...", add: {{All objects that have a Speed also have the attribute Movement, which is an integer. At the beginning of each nweek, each player's Movement is set to eir Speed.}}

In Rule 1326, __Armies__:
{-{
Replace section A.5 with:
{{Each Army type has a Speed. Their base Speed is equal to the base Speed for objects whose Race equals the Army's Type, if such Race exists. Borg Armies have a Speed of 6. The General of an Army may cause the Army to Walk at any time it is legal for the Army to do so.}}

Delete the Speed column from the table in section B.

Change section B.3.4. to "Alien Armies may Warp, unless they have Warped during the past 10 ndays."
}-}
[[End changes to Rule 1326, __Armies__]]
}}

If Orc rolled for the IID's effects, eir roll stands. If not, I rolled a
53, which is potentially bad -- it moves bd to Limbo, and bd's speeder to
some undefined location (the same Grid square as Barney, but Barney
doesn't come back for another nweek or so).

(Okay, that one was already determined, but this is still an ugly
undefined case that should be handled at some point in the near future.)

I wath going to propothe a fix, but then noted that I had already done tho in the Tweaking prop I made. A part of the text:
In Rule 1183, __The Infinite Improbability Drive__:
{-{
Replace the fourth paragraph with "On any roll from 52 to 56, the owner of the Speeder is placed in Limbo, and eir Speeder placed in the same Square as Barney, if Barney is in a Square."

The Weather is updated. Guess what, it's still awful toasty warm. The
wind's died down, as has the precipitation.

I'll recognize that theperately. Theaking of which, I don't think it would hurt Deputize me, as the Weather is Grid-related. Oh, and I can take over Gremlinth if you with. If not, that'th fine.

Orc in a Spacesuit