David E. Smith on 6 May 2003 03:41:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday night)

Nomvivor:

The Voice went on Leave, and as such should have been removed from The
Island. This is now done.

Rob and BvS each receive two votes.
Iain receives one vote.

I cast a random tie-breaker vote: Rob is voted Off The Island.

CFIs:

Rob and Orc shouldn't have been listed as members of the Upper House for
CFI 1481. Rectified.

bd rules TRUE on CFI 1481's appeal. Ditto Wonko, ditto BvS and Glotmorf.
Thus, the Upper House rules TRUE on CFI 1481, and the original ruling is
overturned. I put Glotmorf's analysis on the Web page because it was so
utterly bizarre and nonsensical as to be completely amusing. :-)

CFI 1480 is reassigned to SkArcher, as sam nichols has left B Nomic.

bd's CFI on Thermodynomic currency is CFI 1488, assigned to Glotmorf. (And
since there aren't yet any rules defining this Market thing of which you
speak, probably can be trivially ruled REFUSED.)

bd's Jedi Toads CFI is 1497, assigned to Rob.

SkArcher's proto-sirens CFI is 1498, assigned to Baron von Skippy.

Random stuff:

* Orc receives a free Tequila (Happy new nYear).
* Orc transfers 258 RUs to OrcTech.
* I add several Radar Blips to the Grid, mostly near bd.
* BvS' BAC is in fact 4 (Beer is still located separate from all other
  booze, and I misplaced the Beer rule)
* Emil Bleehall joins B Nomic. Welcome!
* What good are Style Police with no Style! Glotmorf is given 8 Style that e
  should have had at the start of the nweek.
* SkArcher's mentor is bd.
* Emil Bleehall's mentor is Glotmorf.
* SkArcher joins vSOI.
* Unless/until a CFI rules otherwise, I think Orc's sliding-on-the-ice
  Grid action to get away from the Siren succeeds. (There is in fact a CFI
  on this very question open now...)
* The Bandwidth Gremlin becomes Active once again.
* The Token of Proposals is awarded to Orc In A Spacesuit.
* Teucer joins B Nomic. Welcome!

Props for nweek 41:

"What Whoopass?" is p1486/0.
"The warmth of my love shall melt this ice" is p1487/0.
"Falling Ratings" is p1489/0. (I treated the addition of a title as a
  rectification, not a revision. Welcome to B Nomic 8.0, now guaranteed to
  consume 1025 hours of your life within the first 45 days OR YOUR MONEY
  BACK. Now, 20% more newbie-friendly! Offer void in Arizona, Arkansas,
  and the Czech Republic.)
"Ain't I dead Yet?" is p1491/0. (Holy bleep! It's Iain!)
"I Have Said" is p1492/0.
"The Flag" is p1493/0, /1.
"Power to the People" is p1494/0, /1.
"Fixing Hostility" is p1496/0.

Ministry of Quotes:
Wonko nominates emself for Quotekeeper. Seconded by, um, someone. (BvS?)
Quote proposal: p1490 (by Wonko, quoting Glotmorf)
Quote proposal: p1495 (Godlike B.O., by BvS, quoting Glotmorf)
Quote proposal: p1499 (by bd, quoting BvS)
Quote proposal: p1506 (by Orc, quoting BvS)

Ministers' Homework Assignments:

Everyone do the usual start-of-nweek stuff. Report back with whatever it
is you've done (on Public Fora, please) and whatever you're supposed to be
paid.

Nweek Transition Stuff That I'm Still Stuck With:

The Weather is updated. It's Winter, but nobody can really tell. It's that
darned hot. In fact, I'm supposed to add 1 to the Temperature, but it's
already maxed out at 40 degrees C. The precipitation is Gnomes. Grid
person, please place 5 random Gnomes at random Grid locations.

The new Gremlin Number is 83, which I believe means the Telephone is
Ringing.

Amazingly, now that there's a Grid Minister, I don't have nearly as much
stuff to do. I think my work here is done, 'cept to say:

The Clock turns back On. Today is nweek 41, nday 1.

...dave