SkArcher on 5 May 2003 16:54:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Grid Recognitions

05/05/2003 17:39:57, "Orc In A Spacesuit" <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Bah.  Sent to the wrong list.  Fot the explaination of why I do this, see
>spoon-discuss.
>
>I move to (13,6), then to (12,5).  I should then slide to (11,4),
>screaming that I don't want to leave the siren until I leave the
>Zone and come to my senses.  Then, I'll pick up all carryable
>objects in my location, then move to (10,5).
>
>I've updated the grid page with both the possibilities of me failing
>and me succeeding.

I issue the following Call For Inquiry

Statement: Orc in a Spacesuit did not just suceed in moving out of the Sirens' ZOTR, for the
following reasons

1> Player are not allowed to leave a grid square which is in a Sirens' ZOTR, except to enter a grid
square which is likewise within the sirens ZOTR, or to enter a grid square that is within the
sirens ZOE.

2> Rule 1469/0 does not state explicitly that players moving by slipping on Proto-Ice are exempt
from the clause mention in 1> above, hence rule 18/2 comes into force, stating that
{With the exception of Rule Changes whatever is not prohibited or regulated by the Ruleset is
permitted and unregulated.}

and as moving in the manner Orc attempts is prohibited under the ruleset, e may not move in such a
manner.

3> Note that niether this analysis or the text of the rules themselves allows any room for
interpretations of real world physics - the player slipping on the proto-ice is shunted, as
described in rule 1469/0, to allow him to remain withing the ZOTR

>Orc in a Spacesuit

SkArcher

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do
the job.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy