Orc In A Spacesuit on 29 Apr 2003 13:12:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Expanding the Market

I'm going to add a bit to what objects we can accept in the Market. Primarily, this will be making it so that we can get our own objects back safe and sound, but it will also let us get a bit more from Thermo.

I'm thinking about letting Rules from other Nomics in, and having the various rules we get all be added to a new ruleset, as a self-contained mini-Nomic. But that gets a bit too far from just establishing trade, and is something for another proposal.

In my proposal __Free Trade v1.0__:
{{
Add the following to the second paragraph of section D. in the __Going to Market__ rule definition: {{An object may to be given to a B Nomic Trader if, in addition to its appropriate entry on the TIG, it is another kind of object that is defined within B Nomic, and this other kind of object is not a part of the definition of the object specified in the TIG. [[So you can't create a Coing which is also a rule in another Nomic and send it over. But you can send over Gnomes, whether or not they are Grid Objects in another Nomic.]]
}}

Add the following paragraphs to section D. in the __Going to Market__ rule definition:
{{After the events specified by the TIG occur, the following also occurs:
If any text properties of the object are illegal, value of those properties are set to "Traded Object: " and the orignial value. If any numerical properties of the object are illegal, value of those properties are set to 0. If any properties of the object are illegal, those properties are set to their default value, if such exists. If any properties of the object are (still) illegal, those properties are removed from that object.

Between the time a B Nomic Trader receives an object and the events stated in this rule occur, the object is not considered a part of the B Nomic gamestate, except for purposes of processing by this rule. Nothing happens to these objects except as specified by this rule.
}}

To the list that the LEG is set to in __Free Trade v1.0__, add "Mined Objects".

Change table that the TIG is set to in __Free Trade v1.0__ to the table attached to this email in html format. I would include that table here, but it would be a mess in plain text.
}}

Orc in a Spacesuit

Title: TIG

Coin

The Coin becomes a passable carryable object.

Hot Potato

The Hot Potato becomes a passable carryable throwable object.  It does not lose its Description.  The Description is not a rule.

Rotten Fruit

The Rotten Fruit becomes a passable, carryable, throwable object.

Point

The Point is destroyed. The receiving player?s Score is increased by 1.

Kudos

The Kudos loses all properties it may have.  It then becomes a passable carryable object.

Beverage

Sledge-O-Matic

Ball of Wax

Ball of Earwax