Daniel Lepage on 24 Apr 2003 20:30:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] Uh... Crap...

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 01:36  AM, Glotmorf wrote:

Didn't we just decide that the gamestate cannot be affected by things which whose existences aren't provided for in the rules, like charters and whatnot? Thanks to Mr. in a Spacesuit's most recent society screw, while a society can manipulate some object called a charter, it doesn't say that such an object as a charter actually exists. Therefore, you can't create a society that includes a charter, since the initual state of such an object isn't defined.

No method is prescribed for giving Charters to Societies, nor even is any method defined for determining what a Charter is. Therefore, it being unregulated, it is perfectly legal for me to decide what a charter is. I decide that it's me.

Rule 18 doesn't apply in this case, because r578 says charters can be manipulated; that means charters are regulated. There's just no provision for their creation.

Nothing even defines them. They're not in any way, shape, or form regulated.

M-Tek, fortunately, doesn't have that problem...

Game precedent, if nothing else, tells us that when a type of object ceases to be defined as a Game object, all instances of that object are automatically destroyed.

M-Tek has no Charter.

But thanks for mentioning the Entropy thing... I dictate that "A New Exploitation!" modifies its charter by setting its charter's entropy to zero.

*Now* I win.

--
Wonko