Orc In A Spacesuit on 1 Apr 2003 05:46:00 -0000

[Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1422

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I think you want to replace "a location to move to in the location" with "a location to move to in the direction".

Iiinppoooopoosal 1422, chaangie "a location to move to in the location" too "a location to move to in the direction".

How precisely is an Ice Cube or an Ice Sphere "activated"? Is it a conscious act by a player, or a proximity effect?

[[
"Ice Cubes and Ice Spheres may be activated by any object in the same location in them if they are not carried or possessed, or by any object possessing or carrying them."

"Any Entity may construct a Recycling center for 50 points, or for 20 points and 75 RUs." "A player may designate another player or society to be the holder of eir proxy, with or without restrictions."
"Players may vote."
"If the Witch Gremlin is Active, any player who has not done so already that nweek may pay (10 + 5d3) points to the Gremlin Fund to make the Witch Gremlin Curse a player." "A Water Gnome may be squeezed by the player holding it at the cost of one of its hit points to make a Sponge wet or create a Brook at the square the squeezing player is standing on."

Shall I go on? The point is, actions, such as activation, take place when announce by the player, or otherwise dictated by the ruels. Rule 16 dictates that "Actions may only be taken in public fora", and Rule 17 dictates that "Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate Fora."

So somebody says the activate an Ice Cube, and if it's legal for them to do so, its done. Alternatively, a rule could dictate that a Ice Cube be Activated by a Boomcage. Or a Gnome be squeezed by the Yeti.]]

I'd prefer seeing them purchased with BNS rather than points, myself.

[[Hmm. I really don't have a preference. But vSOI sells for points, and I think I'll try to have OrcTech do the same. But I'd rather it all be untied from specific societies in the rules, myself.]]

Orc in a Spacesuit