Orc In A Spacesuit on 31 Mar 2003 22:54:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] less judges

[[
Most of this his actually could be discussion, but its important, so I'm putting it on the public forum. Plus, after writing half of it, I feel a need to make a prop to fix a few annoying bugs in the rules.

First, bd is not an Appelate Judge for the recent CFI. When I did my analysis of the judgement system I did it correctly; however, I forgot to analyze who the heck made the thing. It was bd who issued that CFI, and is therefore ineligible to become an Appelate Judge, as would be its defendant if it had one, or anyone who had been recently recused; unless this would result in less than three judges, which would make him elible again, but we have plently of judges.

POINT: bd is not an Appelate Judge for the current CFI.

Next, Bridgeweaver and Sheeba have unfortunatly fofited. Although the rules don't explictly state that means they're no longer players, I think that's implicit in the word forfeit, as a 'player' is someone who's playing a game, and to 'forfeit' means to stop playing. However, may not mean that they are no longer Appelate Judges. They certainly are no longer members of the Upper House, as it always contains exactly those players that meet its criteria and nothing else. But they've already been made Appelate Judges by the rules; they're no longer bound by the rules, but then neither is the atomic clock that determines when 00:00:00 UTC is, yet we still reference it, and could call it The Timepiece if we wanted, and it would be, within the scope of the game.

Anyone who may feel free to CFI the matter and cause a giant headache for Dave. I will not, for think we might be able to get past this without one.

POINT: Brigeweaver and Sheeba may or may not be Appelate Judges for the current CFI, pending a possible upcoming CFI.

That leaves two situations:

A: Orc, Voice, McGee, Bridgeweaver, and Sheeba are Appelate Judges. Three of us must agree on a ruleing.

B: Orc, Voice and McGee are Appelate Judges. Two of us must agree on a ruling.

Now, I'd like to reiterate that it is not us _Ruling_ on the CFI; it is us _Agreeing_ on a ruling for the CFI, which the Upper House does the actual ruliing on. Since it is possible to change my mind (to correct for errors, as in this case, or be conviced of another interpertaion), I can actually agree with someone that the correct interpertation is FALSE.

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

And since we're talking about the ruling, I would love to hear any analysis on part of anyone else as to why it would be true. As far as I know, I've disproved every iota of evidence saying it's true, while providing plenty saying it's false.

Now for that promised proposal:
]]
Iiiiiipprpropoooose theeefalloooowing:
{{__Forfeiture: New and Improved!__
Change the entirety of Rule 14, __Forfeit__, to the following:
{{
A Player may forfeit at any time by declaring publicly eir intention to do so. This may be done even if the Clock is Off. If there are no public fora, this may be done by privately notifying the Administrator, in which case e must announce it publicly as soon as possible. No other rule may place any restrictions on when a Player may forfeit.

When a player forefeits, e ceases to be a player in this game, and ceases to be bound by its rules. In addition, e ceases to be anything else defined within the scope of this game (such as society member or leader, (appelate) judge for a CFI, minister), except for administrator, if e is administrator. E then becomes a "former player" in this game, which is not a player. [[For posterity, pretty much.]] Should a "former player" become a player once again, e ceases to be a former player at that time.
}}

Orc In A Spacesuit