David E. Smith on 25 Mar 2003 01:46:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday evening)

First off, the Win. All appears to be legal, and Orc is credited with a
Win. (Now I have to look up all the relevant rules...)

Orc spends 120 points, combines a bunch of Gnomes, gets very drunk (eir
BAC raises to 43), netting 83 Charm in the process. (The worm at the
bottom of the tequila bottle is not a game-legal object. Sorry.)

Welcome to Burning Man! The Grid is aflame.

There goes the Circuit Breaker... "No Win For You" is r1401/0.

Entropy reset effects:
All Players are moved to Limbo. (As long as I'm resetting the Grid, I take
back Orc's non-existent Towel...) As near as I can tell, any items players
are carrying remain in the players' respective possession.

Just about everything on the Grid is destroyed. (There are exceptions,
including The Avatar. Though it is awfully toasty down here...)

All unbagged Gnomes are destroyed.
The Weather is updated.
All Insta-Rules are destroyed, and the kickoff-protection Insta-Rules are
created.

All Gremlins go into Hiding (including the two being hoarded by Wonko),
thus triggering a Primal Scream. Luigi, Rocky, and the Bandwidth Gremlin
become Active; then the AAAHHH! Gremlin becomes Active. Rocky is in Limbo;
the others are now on the Grid.

The Yeti enters the Grid, but immediately returns to Limbo. Damn, it's hot.

r394/14 is created (swap endzones).

Quirk: All dimensions are zeroed, but the Entropy reset gives everyone 10
points back. Weird.

Orc earns 1 Respect for the Win.

Players who left the Grid (that'd be all of them) leave litter and
detritus behind (including at least two PGGBs).

Sanity eventually returns...

When the Clock turns On again (Tuesday afternoon, my time, at which time
it will be nweek 37, nday 9), the following will happen (all of which I'm
applying now):

* Wonko re-enters the Grid and reclaims the Master Sword, but loses 7
  points for entering a square of substance Fire.

Proposals (all for nweek 38):
"Me too!" is p1400/0.
"Drinking Problem" is p1402/0.
"Who were you, again?" is p1403/0.
"Circuit breaker part deux" is p1404/0.
"Rescinding props" is p1404/1.
"Chug! Chug! Chug! Thud!" is p1405/0.
"Order of operations" is p1406/0, and redundant. (q.v. r15, para. F.)
"Pass me, I don't do anything" is p1406/1. (heh.)
"From some other beginning's end" is p1407/0.
"Why doesn't someone just fix the darn thing?" is p1408/0.
"Hey, another fix!" is p1409/0.
"While we're at it..." is p1410/0.

The Voice is credited 5 points for many Weather updates.

...dave