Orc In A Spacesuit on 12 Mar 2003 12:24:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] NWEEK 36 BALLOT

Proposal 1351/0: Subsections Revisited (Baron von Skippy)
YES

Proposal 1352/0: Oh Boy, Barney's On Fire! (Wonko)
YES

Proposal 1353/0: Council Fix! (Glotmorf)
YES

Proposal 1354/0: Barney gets caffeinated (NOT bd)
YES
The props page still says bd proposed it. I do hope that it everything will be running well by the time votes are tallied.

Proposal 1357/0: That Sounds Swell! (The Administrator)
YES

Proposal 1358/0: CRC Ban, Part II (Anything McGee)
NO
I don't feel comfortable taking that out. Sure, it's a do nothing, but I just doesn't feel right.

Proposal 1359/0: Who Stole My Transparencies? (Anything McGee)
ABSTAIN
Not sure about this.

Proposal 1360/0: They Paved Paradise (Anything McGee)
NO
I'm thinking that you're trying to cut out unused things, but just because something is unused so far doesn't mean that it's useless.

Proposal 1361/0: Game Off (Anything McGee)
NO
I have plans for this.  But then I have plans for everything.

Proposal 1362/0: In True Survivor Style (The Voice)
NO
I think the current method, public/private by choice of the player, is better. If you wanna be all secret-like, then you can hide it if you want to.

Proposal 1363/0: "Add"ing Things Up (The Voice)
YES
I think if Dave thinks this is too much work, he'll make good use of his veto power.

Proposal 1364/0: Typing, mistyping, and leftovers (Sheeba)
YES
Normally such quibbles I won't vote for, as the first part is a do-nothing with our rectification system, and the first part doesn't hurt the game at all, but you're a new player, so I'll be generous.

Proposal 1365/0: Drunken Driver (Sheeba)
SHELVE
Increase that just a mite bit. They need to be drunk enough for it to affect their driving if a cop's gonna notice.

Proposal 1366/0: I wonder what this button does...? (bd)
YES
I almost shelved this one, to request something special for orcs as well as humans, what with their chaotic nature and all. But it's good now.

Proposal 1367/2: Mis(s )Ty(/i)p(p)ing (Sheeba)
SHELVE
Rename the 'Ratio' dimension. When using that with other math, things get confusing real quick. Not that I don't understand what you mean; just that we need the rules to be pretty explicit and clear-cut about things.

Proposal 1368/1: Arr, Mateys! (Baron von Skippy)
YES

Proposal 1369/1: The Ruleset, Now With 0.7% Less Confusion (The Administrator)
YES

Proposal 1370/0: Squeeze THAT, Punk (M-Tek)
NO
All the other items require the players to actually go get things. With this, it would mean that player could simply buy gnomes and recycle them ad infinitum. The only thing even remotely like this is beer cans, which must be purchased in limbo and give a much worse conversion rate.

Proposal 1371/0: The Borg (Baron von Skippy)
ABSTAIN
I dunno.

Proposal 1372/1: Council Fix Fix (The Voice)
YES
Methinks Wonko's getting a bit controlling regarding people fixing what he already fixed. I don't think this prop will hurt if it passes regardless of if the things are already fixed.

Proposal 1373/0: Powerful, but not *that* powerful (Wonko)
YES
*considers chucking a few cans around*
"Hey Mommy guess what?  I made somebody cease to exist today!"

Proposal 1374/0: Safety Valve (Glotmorf)
SHELVE
Define "affected" in game terms.

Proposal 1375/0: New Form Bonus (Wonko)
YES

Proposal 1376/0: void main(struct {int x} c) (bd)
SHELVE
The very definitions are undefined. "Referring to a nonexistant rule"? Nonexistant at what time? Creation? Execution? Delayed execution? "Any action that 'requires' two or more CFI's to 'resolve'". Define those words in single brackets. " In a proposal, modifying text which may have been modified by another rule" Eh??? The way I interpert this, we couldn't make any revision to anything, even proposals.

Proposal 1377/0: Sing Along! (Wonko)
YES

Proposal 1378/1: mmm, donuts (bd)
I think you are making the cops too donut-dependent. Maybe every time they get a donut, their sight range decreases for a little while (cause they are distracted). And changing wanted status based on donut possession seems wrong.

In the election for the Weather Person, I vote for.... The Administrator. Just because I haven't been evil in a while.

--
Orc