Daniel Lepage on 27 Feb 2003 02:04:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday evening)

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 08:28  PM, David E. Smith wrote:

Baron von Skippy nominates emself for Minister of Economic Affairs.

Baron von Skippy is the only nominee for this office, aside from me (The
Admin). I heartily encourage someone, anyone, to vote for BvS.

I do so, if I can (has the election opened yet?)

If it hasn't, I Second the Baron's Nomination (doesn't somebody have to do that?)

There were no nominees for Ministry of the Weather. Not even The Voice. (sigh)

Until such time as this election is completed, it seems that nobody holds the Ministry; therefore more elections are constantly being called, as per rule 625, section B.1. I Nominate the Voice in one, no, make that *all*, of said elections, and second my own Nominations [[ Hey, nothing says I can't. ]]

I'm not sure how to resolve the conflict between Wonko's movement and
Barney's movement, since I don't keep a massive history of the Grid. I'd
suggest Wonko add a "put 20 Integrity back on my Speeder" thing on the
Docket, and if e does so, I encourage the Council to approve it. (Wonko
may also wish to move, since I don't think there's much I can do to stop
Barney's rampage, even with my Avatar powers.)

The only difference is that Barney should have run and Hugged Glotmorf's speeder instead of mine. Nothing else should be different.

But I suppose a council fix would be easier:

I don't remember if I ever named my Speeder; I name it the S.S. Triumphant.

I petition the Council:
{{
Set the integrity of the Speeder which was called the S.S. Triumphant at the time of this petition's issuance to 100.

Set the integrity of the Speeder Glotmorf owned at the time of this petition's issuance to whatever it was at the beginning of the nweek when this petition was issued.

Place Barney at (10,16).
}}

This way the outcome's the same either way.

Wonko does a lot of Grid stuff (including acquiring a Bomb Gnome and a
Basic Gnome, and bagging all eir Gnomes - Gnome person, please attend to this). I also added Wonko's Balls of Wax. (Anyone else starting to wonder
why Wonko's becoming such a pack-rat?)

Well, as long as I'm near Barney, I'd better run; I recycle both my Balls at the WBE Recycling center I'm currently standing on. Then I purchase a set of Afterburners for my Speeder. This increases my moves/nweek counter; I fly to (13,18). I don't have to outrun Barney; I just need to outrun Glotmorf's Speeder.

Chris Bartlett joins the game (under the name "Chris Bartlett," since none was specified). Here's your 500 BNS, here's your Mentor (Baron von Skippy
is assigned to Mentor the newbie), welcome to the party.

I give Chris Bartlett a point.

The Weather is updated. Gosh, it's awfully warm and windy. Tornado season,
I'd say.

How would a Grid Tornado work?

--
Wonko