Daniel Lepage on 18 Feb 2003 23:18:00 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 34 BALLOT

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 12:49 AM, David E. Smith wrote:

The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 34:

Proposal 1327/0: Enforce the Speed Limit... using recursion! (Rob)
Yes. It's confusing and might not work properly, but hey, most of the game's like that. If it weren't for the chaos it wouldn't be fun!
Proposal 1329/1: 40 Acres And A Mule (Wonko)
Yes. I have a number of plans for developing this idea (and the starways idea; that wasn't just thrown in at random)
Proposal 1330/0: The Groundhog (Baron von Skippy)
Yes. I've just had some ideas about this, too...
Proposal 1331/1: Morale (Baron von Skippy)
Yes. The arguments about multiple states are superfluous, I believe - the current phrasing suggests that the Mental State attribute is any ONE of the options.
Proposal 1332/1: Special Abilities (Baron von Skippy)
Shelve. Problem listing below.
Proposal 1333/0: Movement changes (Baron von Skippy)
Yes.
Proposal 1334/1: Anti-Air Armies (Baron von Skippy)
Yes. But an administrative fix is in order, I believe - the Baron changed the /20 in the formula back to an /10 when e added the other /2. This would render anti-air armies practically powerless.
Proposal 1335/0: Fergot One... (M-Tek)
Yes. But a proposal this short should have been a haiku.

Also: Remember to vote for Nomvivor! (Only two players are left On The
Island, so *everyone* can vote.)
I vote the Baron off the Island. Sorry, Baron, but in the name of humor, I must try to get Iain to get those 170 points. (or 150, if it gets processed under next nweek's events)

Okay, here's that problem list I mentioned:

Dwarves: This essentially amounts to "Dwarves have double toughness" - the current phrasing states that Dwarf Armies who Dig In lose movement for an nweek but keep *2 toughness until they are no longer Dug In. You provide no method for Digging them Out, but nobody would want to, because they can still move after the first nweek, so the only noticeable effect is that now they're tougher than anybody else.

Elves: Say that the Elves may Snipe *enemy armies*. Not just "Snipe"; that implies that they can do it whenever; then you have a reference to 'the enemy Army', which may not actually exist.

Faeries: Say that they can Hit and Run Armies *when they could attack them*; nothing right now stops Faeries from Hitting and Running from enemy Armies on the other side of the grid.

Orcs: You changed... uh... whaddaya call that? Whether it's singular or plural? There's some fancy word for it, but I don't remember what. Anyway, you changed from many to one, and it's confusing.

Blobs: "as though the Blob Army had Attacked them" is ambiguous; do you mean, had it hit them once, or had it Attacked them and gone through with the rest of the battle?

Droids: They can start Repairing or Quick Repairing while they're Repairing. That's probably bad... given 10 ndays I could have a Droid Army with arbitrarily high Strength.
--
Wonko