Wonko on 14 Jan 2003 00:57:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] Ministry Update

> I spend all of my Force Power to become an Advanced Jedi Knight.
>
> [[BvS]]

> I advance myself to Novice Jedi Knight.
>
> Glotmorf

> I spend all my force to advance along the Jedi Path.
> Let's see.... I'm an orc.  The 2nd step in advancing along the Jedi Path for
> me is... Lobotomized Toad.
>
> Orc In A Spacesuit

Um... I was just looking at the rules, and there actually seems to be a bug
in the Force Rule... Two bugs, actually:

"If a player's Force is less than the cost of a given Force ability, or that
player cannot use that ability without exceeding eir Force Budget, e may not
use that ability."

That sentence doesn't make any provision for Advancement, which costs more
Force than anyone's budget; however, it actually doesn't, because:

"A Player whose Force equals eir Force Cap may spend points equal to eir
Force Cap to advance to the next step of the Jedi Path."

Note the abscence of the word "Force" in front of "points". I don't think
this is how it was intended to work at all...

I propose:
{{
__Fixing the Force__

Insert the word 'Force' before the word 'points' in the second paragraph of
rule 815.A.3.

Insert at the end of that section the text, "Force expenditures mentioned in
this section are not subject to Force Cap restrictions."
}}

I'm not really sure what happened to all of you who tried to advance; you
may have spent points instead of Force, or simply failed outright. I don't
have time to deal with it now, as something has come up.

I go On Leave; I hope to be back in 2.5 weeks, but I can't guarantee
anything...

Ta for now.

--
Wonko