Orc In A Spacesuit on 19 Dec 2002 05:37:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Customizing

Argg... I had a huge email and it all got erased becasue of one of Hotmail's new 'features'... You guys get the short, sweet, and boring version:

I need to choose a race.  I think I'll go with... Orc.  In a Spacesuit.
I need to choose a philosophy.  I would rather be a Benevolent Activist.

By the way, I think that philosophies need tweaking. Any description of a single philosophy is going to be incomplete, boringly broad, exceedingly long and detailed, or a combination of the three. I'm thinking maybe we could define certain Aspects, and let people choose a set of aspects. Heck, we could even throw in the good/evil orderly/chaotic thing as part of it. Add in things like activist, apathetic, egotistic, powermad...;p

On the NAFTA/NATO/Internomic idea: I like the idea of interacting with other nomics, but it seems to me like it's being overdone. Rather than get this whole big structure set up, I would rather we talk to a few other nomics, see how they are set up, and design a single, streamlined system without all the overhead. Of course, leave it open for others to join.

Apocalypse: I was thinking of something along the same lines, but with two tiers: a minor reset, what happens at entropy, and a major reset, what happens at a win. A major reset as a defined thing would make SOE's a lot simpler.

Now here's a double oxymoron:

Benevolent Orc, In a Spacesuit