Rob Speer on 4 Dec 2002 16:30:04 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] R1219 change

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:10:42AM -0500, Glotmorf wrote:
> This rule takes precedence over all other rules.
>
> If the implementation of a proposal would result in a rule other than this one having a higher chutzpah than this rule, this rule's chutzpah is adjusted just prior to implementation of that proposal to be one higher than the targeted rule's new chutzpah.
>
> Any change to the chutzpah of a rule other than this one must be to an explicitly stated numerical value.

I'm going to fix my proposal accordingly. This is fun.

I modify my proposal "Step The Hell Down Already" to be:
{{
1. Append to Rule 1248 [[because it's numbered higher]], this paragraph:
"Rule 1219 may be repealed by a proposal entitled 'Step The Hell Down
Already'. This rule takes precedence over Rule 1219."
2. Repeal Rule 1219.
3. Remove the last paragraph of Rule 1248.
}}

[[Again, the blind faith in Chutzpah. But moreover, this is Nomic, where
as long as the game is still playable no rule is immutable. If you
intend to fix your rule so that this doesn't work, I suggest you do it
hypothetically on spoon-discuss so I can respond with the hypothetical
change to the proposal.]]

--
Rob Speer