Glotmorf on 22 Nov 2002 03:56:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Official acts #1

Well, that was fun.

Now then...By the Power Vested in Me by the Rule entitled Glotmorf Rules!, I hereby perform the following actions:

1. In recognition of my Conquest of B Nomic, I change the gamestate so that it indicates I scored a Win.  (Note that I specifically do not invoke the dimension-zeroing and entropy-meltdown effects normally associated with scoring a win; we've had enough of that already these days, and Dave doesn't need the extra work.)

Because, if conquering a Nomic game doesn't count as a Win, what can?

2. In recognition of my being one of the first to point out the loophole that allowed my Conquest of B Nomic, of my insistence that the loophole be closed, and of my even providing legislation to close it, all prior to my actually exploiting it, I award myself the title, Lord of the Conquest Scam.

Because, if I can do all that and people still implement a loophole, it can only mean I'm meant to rule.

3. In recognition of eir realization of the righteousness of my cause, prior to my having offered em any inducement whatsoever, I award Baron von Skippy the title, Knight of the Conquest Scam.

Because I couldn't have done it without em.

4. In recognition of eir support of my cause, being open to reason and negotiation, and demonstrating a sense of humor, I award bd the title, Knight of the Conquest Scam.

Because I certainly couldn't have done it without em.

5. And finally, in recognition of eir perseverence, of eir singularity of focus, of defending to the end the loophole that made all of this possible, in the face of logic, adversity and what proved to be prophecy, I award Orc in a Spacesuit the title, Pawn of the Conquest Scam.

Because...sometimes saying "I told you so" just isn't enough.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower