Orc In A Spacesuit on 11 Nov 2002 15:39:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] You wanna lurk? Here ya go:

I make the following proposal:
{{
Add to the rule __Leaves of Absence__ (205), change the second paragraph to the follwoing
{{
At any time, whether On Leave or Off Leave, a player may specify any amount of time, using any readily understandable measurment (ntime or regular time), with an absolute limit of one year, to be Lurking. Any player who is Lurking may cease to be by declaring such. Any player who is not already On Leave, whose Activity has decreased for two consecutive nweeks, and is not Lurking, shall be placed On Leave, and also be made On Forced Leave until such time e is not On Leave.
}}

Change the rule __Garbage Collection__ (206) to the following:
{{
If any player has been On Leave for more than 3 consecutive nweeks, and has not been Lurking during that time, that player shall cease to be a player.
}}
}}

Essentially, I'm saying you can lurk either On Leave or Off Leave, and you aren't subject to garbage collection OR forced leave. But, you have to say "I'm Lurking", and specify a time, so we don't have gone players still around. Or, if someone wants to go on extended vaction, they can go On Leave and Lurk for a few months, so they aren't Garbage Collected.

Orc In A Spacesuit