Daniel Lepage on 8 Nov 2002 23:21:03 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 25 BALLOT

Quoth David E. Smith,

> The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 25:
>
> Proposal 1138/0: Chads, Hanging and Otherwise (The Voice)

No. Reward people for doing things right, not for screwing up.

> Proposal 1142/0: Bandwidth Salads (Athena)

No. Not because I don't like the idea, but because I don't like AS getting
points for nothing.

> Proposal 1150/0: Imperial Dave (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No. It actually is different from vetoing - a Nullified proposal couldn't be
overruled even by a 3/4 majority, wouldn't be put on the next nweek's
Ballot, and would still give their creators points. I like the first two,
but the third is bad, plus the proposal currently wants to put a rule-change
inside another rule (you need another delimiter, methinks).

> Proposal 1151/1: The Weirdest Speeder Upgrade You'll Ever See (Baron von
> Skippy)

Shelve. Others have mentioned my reasons already.

> Proposal 1156/2: This is to Inform You That... (M-Tek)

No. Why?

> Proposal 1157/0: Another Band-Aid (TM) For Societies (The Administrator)

Yes. Central authorities are useful reference points.

> Proposal 1160/0: More Details, and Power to Boot (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No. Although I'd like to reset the LMJ (that should have been in the refresh
prop, methinks), I heartily disagree with undoing the effects of IT tea
dispensation, because, for example, the inclusion of that sentence in your
proposal was an effect of IT dispensing tea and coffee.
I'd like to keep the fabric of causality where it is, thank you very much.

> Proposal 1167/0: Enough of It Already! (M-Tek)

Yes.

> Proposal 1168/1: Reactivate the Stock Market (Athena)

No. This would cause chaos, as changing 'corporation' to 'stock-issuing
company' would seem to include the rule defining corporations.

> Proposal 1169/1: Valhalla (Athena)

No. The Grid is confusing enough as it is.

> Proposal 1170/4: Societies and Corporations (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Shelve. Are you aware that you haven't specified anyone to be the Boss of
WBE? Although you do try to make Glotmorf the 'Usurper' and me the 'Deposed
King'... neither of which exist in the context of that proposal anymore.

> Proposal 1171/2: Number Guessing (Athena)

Yes. 30 free points per nweek? Sounds good to me!

> Proposal 1172/0: I shall call him... "Mini-Me." (Baron von Skippy)

No. You explained this to me in a private conversation, and I STILL don't
think I understand it.

> Proposal 1173/2: Make it so (Wonko)

Yes.

> Proposal 1174/0: The Hand of The Voice (Baron von Skippy)

Yes. [[needs typo fix: of -> or]]

> Proposal 1175/0: Lake Caffeine (Lord Gregarian)

Abstain. Eh, whatever.

> Proposal 1176/0: If It Ain't Real, Don't Wave It (Glotmorf)

No. Once the Uber-prop is proposed, I suspect this will just be a
meaningless entry taking up LOGAS space. Besides, there are many situations
where it would be legitimate to mention such proposals... and arguably, a
proposal that hasn't been made isn't a proposal at all.

I do wish Orc would just propose the stupid thing, though.

> Proposal 1177/0: Disposing of the Idol (Wonko)

Yes. It almost never does anything except stop people from getting the
Bandwidth Token or make us to reap bonus points fixing broken Gremlins.

> Proposal 1178/0: Only When You're There (Wonko)

Yes. In response to Glotmorf's objection: A majority of all points gained in
this game (excluding loopholes) come at the end of nweeks. Sure, if your
horse doesn't pull through, you should be in trouble; but any reasonable
loan shark will wait until after the race to beat you up.

> Proposal 1179/3: The lottery (bd)

No. I could create this myself at the beginning of next nweek. And it would
be less ruleset-overhead, and less work for the Admin.

> Proposal 1180/1: If It Ain't Broke, Don't... Oh, Never Mind (Glotmorf)

No to all. I voted against Orc's society 'fix' prop; I'm not going to give
you points for a proposal which I hope will do nothing.

> Proposal 1181/1: Wonko fixes eir errors (Wonko)

Yes.

> Proposal 1182/0: Priority (The Administrator)

Yes. It is more realistic. And major changes are fun.

--
Wonko